Drew Brees Contract... (1 Viewer)

Double edged sword we're dealing with. When we win the Superbowl this year there's a 90% chance he retires on top.

I think it much more likely, if he feels good and is still enjoying the game, that like John Elway decades ago, he'll keep coming back as long as the team keeps winning Superbowls.

I think this is especially true if Brady has not yet retired. Drew is highly competitive and I don't think he wants Tom to be ahead of him on any career passing records. Tom is a threat on passing TDs and total yards. Drew is about a year ahead on yards ( despite having played fewer years than Tom).

I don't think anything happens with a Brees contract until Thomas has a new contract. We need to see where that leaves us, and go from there.

It'll be a year by year deal. If he can still play at a high level then who knows. I don't think he'll announce it before the season and have a farewell tour. Drew doesn't want or need that attention and spotlight. He'll just hold a press conference and that'll be it.

He'll retire and become a full time business man.

This may be his best shot at MVP since 2013. Would he go out on top? Nah,he wants to play and is having too much fun.

This is his last year only if he isn’t great. And I doubt that happens

This year or next will be his last (if we win the SB... then this year).... The FO has been "kicking the can" down the road on Brees' contract for a while now... they can only do that so long before they have to pay (or lose) their young core of Pro-bowl talent... Namely - Thomas, Kamara, Lattimore, Ram, Williams, etc. Sooner rather than later these guys will want to get paid, and it won't matter if they have a year left on their contract or that we need to pay Brees for not being here.

That's the double edge sword to having a great draft or 2 in a row... all the bills come due around the same time.... and you can't pay them all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom