Drew Brees deserves the blame (1 Viewer)

Drew Brees had some critical mistakes that probably hurt us more then any other individuals mistakes. He also had some amazing plays. It was a bad game by a good player. And it happens.[/QUOTE]

What really sucks is that he made 3 mistakes in the game but they came at the absolute worst time!! I mean the guy lit them up for 510 yds & had over 71% completion rate...we were right to pass the ball (looking at those stats) but those 3 mistakes killed us. Trying a couple of runs inside the 10 would have taken some of the pressure of Brees. Hope he's not too hard on himself...he was inches away from having one of the greatest games of all time...is this team cursed or what?

The only positive is that Brees will shoulder the responsibility. That in itself speaks volumes. Doesn't ease the pain but shows the character of him and the team.

Didn't mean to be combative......

I think Payton is crossing the line with Brees. When we got Brees from the Chargers, we all heard how he was a great game manager and he won't lose you games. Well, Payton has made Brees a playmaker that has to win games not just manage them. He is putting Brees in a spot, I don't think he used to and maybe not comfortable with.

This is something that I think Brees can get used to and will..........just a different angle.

No I think Brees is fine in the role he is in. He passed a crap load his best season in San Diego (500 attempts, over 30 a game), he passed a crap load at Purdue. He's used to this. It's a big reason Payton got Brees.

I think Colston not being in the Redzone had a big effect. I think Brees also just screwed up. It happens you know? Brady threw 4 INTs at home vs the Colts. Peyton then turned around and completed only 50% of his passes and threw 2 costly picks vs Dallas today.

It's just football. It doesn't absolve Brees of blame, but I mean, come on. You have to look at trends, not snapshots. 1 bad game does not a career make.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom