Drew Brees deserves the blame (1 Viewer)

keep spinning........

And, I never said Brees wasn't a good player!

Brees is making big money and is supposed to be THE LEADER and a smart QB. You can't throw 2 INT's in the Red Zone and 1 bonehead throw returned for a TD and still have "best" in your game description.

Using your rationale, Terrence Copper had a great game, other than that huge fumble.........

NO!

Brees and Copper both had bad games...........No If's about it!

What "spin"? What the heck am I "spinning"? Maybe you shouldn't be so combative :dunno:

He made some bad ones vs the Ravens and got rattled by the Packers to begin the game.

It happens. Even Tom Brady throws 4 INTs vs the Colts this year, at home no less. The question is

1) How does he respond

2) Does it happen with any consistency?

He's responded well in the past and he's typically consistently good, not the reverse. So I wouldn't worry yet.

The difference between the interceptions in the Ravens game and this game are vast. Two of the interceptions from the Ravens game were tips...he can't help that. the other was him getting hit just as he was throwing which can throw the ball off some.......This game was just bad...both plays the receivers were well covered, especially the second one. The 3rd interception the guy got a good jump on the ball.

But like you said, he has responded well in the pass. He will be fine.

The last 2 weeks our running game has averaged over 4 yards a carry without any big runs.......that's the definition of consistent.

You can try to spin it any way you want to make Brees look better for todays disaster, but Brees was the worst player on offense today for the us.

They are not consistent until the running game becomes the staple of moving the chains. Yes we may have a decent ypc lately but that is because Ds know that we must abandon the run because we are not able to sustain drives consistently by the run.

TTU has a good ypc average but it is because everyone is keying on the high octaine short to intermediate passing game-don't think for a minute if they concentrated on running that the ypc would stay the same and the "consistent running game" would be effective.

Last edited:
That's hyperbole. He was also much of the time the clear best player on offense today.

Drew Brees had some critical mistakes that probably hurt us more then any other individuals mistakes. He also had some amazing plays. It was a bad game by a good player. And it happens.

Thread should have been over with this post, IMO.

Agreed. Defense played really well for 3 quarters. Expecting them to do more was unreasonable. If we go into the 4th leading 24-10, it's a different game. Defense can play soft, Fred Thomas doesn't get beat because he has safety help, and things look different.

True .....and Colston was a HUGE loss

How good was MM today? Did they make a single pass on his side?

What "spin"? What the heck am I "spinning"? Maybe you shouldn't be so combative :dunno:

Didn't mean to be combative......

I think Payton is crossing the line with Brees. When we got Brees from the Chargers, we all heard how he was a great game manager and he won't lose you games. Well, Payton has made Brees a playmaker that has to win games not just manage them. He is putting Brees in a spot, I don't think he used to and maybe not comfortable with.

This is something that I think Brees can get used to and will..........just a different angle.

hmm, actually i think FOX did us in, when that put that little stat up about brees having 100 passes without an Int.. then the jinx.

Brees does deserve the blame for his part. the INTs in the endzone are unacceptable. hat said you can't excuse the dropped passes the every present Terrance Dropper, and the poor mix of the run vs pass by Payton. There is no understanding a game plan where Deuce does not get twenty carries or even Bush for that matter. The run must not be abandoned as it has been of late by this coaching staff. The defense aside from the D LINE is packed with plaers who could not start anywhere else. I praise thefortheir effort, but in he end the off season must populate this team with help on defense. .

Brees does deserve the blame for his part. the INTs in the endzone are unacceptable. hat said you can't excuse the dropped passes the every present Terrance Dropper, and the poor mix of the run vs pass by Payton. There is no understanding a game plan where Deuce does not get twenty carries or even Bush for that matter. The run must not be abandoned as it has been of late by this coaching staff. The defense aside from the D LINE is packed with plaers who could not start anywhere else. I praise thefortheir effort, but in he end the off season must populate this team with help on defense. .

I think it's safe to say we have "Andy Reid #2" calling plays. It seems Payton just does not care to run the ball.

I am not mad because I knew that we were going to lose. I said it last week after we lost to the Steelers and people got on me for it. I've also been telling you guys that Fred Thomas isn't the answer at CB for some time now.

I am not mad because I knew that we were going to lose. I said it last week after we lost to the Steelers and people got on me for it. I've also been telling you guys that Fred Thomas isn't the answer at CB for some time now.

I can't believe no one took you serious

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom