Drew Brees deserves the blame (1 Viewer)

Agreed and Agreed...we may as well play Mitch Berger at CB in place of Thomas

Don't blame Thomas. The first TD is on Bullochs for getting sucked in on the play fake and not giving the deep help. Other than the 2nd Johnson TD, Thomas played a very good game.

We need to run the football. You don't have 2 great running backs for anything. Run the football. Drew is a great QB, but you do not need to throw the ball over 50 times a game. RUN THE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted for truth.

Don't blame Thomas. The first TD is on Bullochs for getting sucked in on the play fake and not giving the deep help. Other than the 2nd Johnson TD, Thomas played a very good game.

We hear this every week. Thomas got manhandled this game. I blame the coaches. They should of put MM on CJ somehow. I know we don't play that scheme but my god you do something. Thomas was abused as usual. He is just as bad as craft.

But who's decision was it to throw the ball in the endzone?

Settling for field goals while in the red zone is a whole lot better than getting no points at all.

It's a complete momentum shift in the other team's direction when we come away with no points in the redzone, especially when it is in the back of the defense minds that the offense is gonna score.

I just hope Brees bounces back. He's still my favorite Saint but he looked like Aaron Brooks today. I just made this thread because he does deserve criticism to let him know that performances like that will keep us out of the playoffs.

Also, I agree about the playcalling. You end up throwing a lot when you're playing from behind, but even early on we didn't make a real effort to establish the running game.

how about we blame the WRs for dropping passes and not getting good seperation for breeze?

How about we blame the pass coverage for leaving guys wide open? How about we blame the whole team for losing the swagger then had in the first 6 games? how about we bblame the loss of Colston and the much overlooked role of Conwells blocking. How about we blame the defensive play calling?

Nah, lets just blame Brees, and Thomas.

This was team suckage IMO.

But who's decision was it to throw the ball in the endzone?

Settling for field goals while in the red zone is a whole lot better than getting no points at all.

It's a complete momentum shift in the other team's direction when we come away with no points in the redzone, especially when it is in the back of the defense minds that the offense is gonna score.

You just wanted them to kick a field goal with 1st and goal, 18 seconds, no timeouts? :dunno: You don't expect Drew Brees to play that poorly, come on.

I just hope Brees bounces back. He's still my favorite Saint but he looked like Aaron Brooks today. I just made this thread because he does deserve criticism to let him know that performances like that will keep us out of the playoffs.

Also, I agree about the playcalling. You end up throwing a lot when you're playing from behind, but even early on we didn't make a real effort to establish the running game.

Except that "playing from behind" means 10-7 early in the 2nd quarter for Sean Payton.

Drew Brees clearly had a bad game, but the guy is still one of the best qb's in the NFL and our defense, particularly fred thomas, did not help him one bit. WHat I like, loss and all, is the fact this guy was fighting until the very end.

I'm definatly blaming Brees for some of it...However, the HUGE majority of it goes to Thomas and the defense.

Thomas and Bullocks had their share, and a VERY large one at that, but I think Bree's interceptions heard a lot more, two in the red zone and one back for a TD...That's a potential 21-0 run on them and instead they take a 7-0 run...

Everyone has a horrendous game, and I hope this was the last one for Brees....

Brees on offense, and Thomas on D are the 2 players who screwed up the most!......and the blame should also go to Sean Payton for not playing either C Deloche (sp) or the other CB....J Groce.....I just don't believe they are playing ANY WORSE THAN THOMAS!

Thomas has NO SPEED....no IDEA how to DEFEND a WR taller than him....he is CONSTANTLY LOST ON THE FIELD AND HAS NO CLUE TO stay with the WR HE SUPPOSED TO COVER......I cannot believe that there isn't an other CB better than him on the roster!

Yes Drew had a bad day and a lot of the blame will fall on him, and I'm sure that he'll be the first to accept the blame.

He has been using Colston a lot in critical 3rd down situations and he clearly did not feel as confortable after he left the game.

Hopefully he'll bounce right back next week

GEAUX SAINTS

Brees on offense, and Thomas on D are the 2 players who screwed up the most!......and the blame should also go to Sean Payton for not playing either C Deloche (sp) or the other CB....J Groce.....I just don't believe they are playing ANY WORSE THAN THOMAS!

Thomas has NO SPEED....no IDEA how to DEFEND a WR taller than him....he is CONSTANTLY LOST ON THE FIELD AND HAS NO CLUE TO stay with the WR HE SUPPOSED TO COVER......I cannot believe that there isn't an other CB better than him on the roster!

Deloatch was inactive.

and yes there are no other CBs better than him on the roster. It's why everyone is saying we need to get a premier CB this offseason.

Yeah, Brees had 2 bad throws resulting in interceptions, but to lay the blame on him is crap. He's not the one that got torched by Chad Johnson multiple times, and to compare him to Brooks is showing lack of mental stability. Brooks couldn't hold his jock. Brees completely destroyed the single game passing record for the Saints today. He is a part, but nowhere near the entire reason we lost today. In fact, he's the only reason we had a chance to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom