Drew Brees era without the only credible DC we have had (Gregg Williams) (1 Viewer)

He's a .500 QB when we get bad Defense and ST play. I'd assume most QBs are on par or worse. The bigger problem is that we've been unable to generate any defensive consistency to help this man. I think we need to address every level of this defense again this season and we need to get a star On at least one of those levels. I think CB is the way to go.

64-64 record

QB Rating just north of 98.0 in those games.

He's a .500 QB when we get bad Defense and ST play. I'd assume most QBs are on par or worse. The bigger problem is that we've been unable to generate any defensive consistency to help this man. I think we need to address every level of this defense again this season and we need to get a star On at least one of those levels. I think CB is the way to go.

Nolan Ryan comes to mind.

Truth be told, it goes way beyond just the defense. Special teams play was actually good during the Gregg Williams era (Bush, Sproles). Now we as fans are happy if we can just fair catch a punt and just not muff it or fumble it. That's just sad. The Saints must make a move this offseason to get themselves a legit return man. It's quite ridiculous to start every drive from the 25 yard line or worse.

If anybody knows where to find information of average starting field position, I would be interested in seeing the difference between Brees and Brady. It has to be significant.

64-64 record

QB Rating just north of 98.0 in those games.

But there is a difference between a bad and a terrible defense, and that is what we got mostly during Payton's years.

Don't forget we are constantly beating records, positives on offenses and negative in défenses.

I don't put this one on Drew. Blame this on Payton and even more on Loomis.

If anybody knows where to find information of average starting field position, I would be interested in seeing the difference between Brees and Brady. It has to be significant.

We started at the 27 (24th) on average and NE started at the 30 (Second). Defense is 29(25th) for us and 24 (1st) for NE.

Yeah, how successful would Brady be if he had to play from behind constantly?

Truth be told, it goes way beyond just the defense. Special teams play was actually good during the Gregg Williams era (Bush, Sproles). Now we as fans are happy if we can just fair catch a punt and just not muff it or fumble it. That's just sad. The Saints must make a move this offseason to get themselves a legit return man. It's quite ridiculous to start every drive from the 25 yard line or worse.

Jenkins was a monster on ST in 2009 too.

On cue, Dion Lewis runs back a kickoff return 98 yards. Just like that, 7 points without having to take the field for Brady. I'm still upset we let Sproles go. What a horrible decision.

You got a great idea of what a Russell Wilson career would be like with an average defense and inconsistent running game vs Atlanta today. He was awful. Definitely not an elite QB on the level of a Brees Brady Rodgers. Never will be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom