Drew Brees expected to sign tomorrow [Agrees to 2 year $50 mill deal] (1 Viewer)

I'm not a very smart man, but we just re-signed Onyemata. Before that, we had 7.5M available.
Drew's going to cost 20-something million and we've got to find the money for Taysom, hopefully Bell, and still have enough to pay our draft picks and fill out the roster.

I get that Loomis is pretty dang good at his job. But if he can turn 7.5M into enough to do ALL of that, I'll be impressed. Again.

I'm not a very smart man, but we just re-signed Onyemata. Before that, we had 7.5M available.
Drew's going to cost 20-something million and we've got to find the money for Taysom, hopefully Bell, and still have enough to pay our draft picks and fill out the roster.

I get that Loomis is pretty dang good at his job. But if he can turn 7.5M into enough to do ALL of that, I'll be impressed. Again.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure with us resigning Brees it actually opens up some Salary Cap space.

Loomis is going to push back all the dead money that's on the books right now that was apart of Brees last contract

What’s the guess? 10% of total cap would be $20M.

I heard from a source yesterday, how reliable I don't know, that Brees may be game to actually play for the Saints for 3 more years, each year with more platooning of the hopefully future QB. Why in the heck would he do that was my question. The answer was that he doesn't have to take the beating of a full season and since he wants to own every passing record in history this would allow him to do that and also give him a better chance of more SB rings. He said that Brees may sign a surprising very team friendly deal for a such a role.

Thanks drew y
You only took long enough so we couldn't sign anyone else :)

Outside of Byrd which was a disaster, how often do the Saints under SP sign huge contracts to the top FAs on the 1st few days? Seldom is the answer. They try to let the money fest happen then pick up the best tier 2 and tier 3 FAs that don't break the bank.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom