Saints Drew Brees for MVP? (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If he performs in these next two road games(Chicago and Tampa) like he has the last 4, Drew has to be in the conversation for MVP. Since week 2 he has passed for close to 300 yards a game and been lights out.

Drew also has done what MVPs do, that is put their team on thier back. He has been able to lead his team to victories despite an Injury to M.T and this last game without Sanders. Not too many QBs could lead their team to victory without their two top WRs on such short notice as Drew did. Not only did the Saints win yesterday but Drew was dominant. Im not even sure Mahomes could do that if you took his two best weapons away.

MVP is a marathon, not a sprint. He's going to need Panther-like performances for most of the rest of the season to get into that race.

Okay I know this is a Saints forum but objectively I don't see how you can put Drew ahead of Wilson this season for the MVP hunt.

Having said that there is a Saint whom should probably be in the conversation for this: Alvin Kamara!

Okay I know this is a Saints forum but objectively I don't see how you can put Drew ahead of Wilson this season for the MVP hunt.

Brees does have a higher QBR than Wilson right now. Wilson throws too many picks and takes too many sacks.

But there are other QBs ahead of both of them in the MVP hunt right now imo.

Brees needs to have 10 come from behind 20 point deficits to be named MVP at this rate. He isn't even close to the top of passing yards and TDs so I don't see that happening. Tom Brady will be on top of all time TDs so if they make the playoffs, Brady may get the nod over all the rest.

Anyway, Super Bowl MVP is all I care about so here's to a hopeful season winning!

Brees does have a higher QBR than Wilson right now. Wilson throws too many picks and takes too many sacks.

But there are other QBs ahead of both of them in the MVP hunt right now imo.

QBR is just a number. When you watch what Wilson is doing....man it's hard to say he's not at the top of the list right now. Personally I'm tired of quarterbacks ALWAYS winning the freaking thing though. I'm trying to Google up what percentage of the Saints offense Alvin Kamara alone represents and failing right now, but it must be huge.

I remember when Peyton Manning had to sit out an entire season at Indianapolis after his neck surgery and the Colts became the laughing stock of the league during his absence. As a result there were some serious discussions in the sports media that Manning should have been considered for the MVP award that year simply because his team was nothing without him.

Obviously the definition that people use to claim who deserves the Most Valuable Player can vary from one talking head to another. But the annual MVP award will always be a popularity contest based more on the hype than the stats.

Last edited:
QBR is just a number. When you watch what Wilson is doing....man it's hard to say he's not at the top of the list right now. Personally I'm tired of quarterbacks ALWAYS winning the freaking thing though. I'm trying to Google up what percentage of the Saints offense Alvin Kamara alone represents and failing right now, but it must be huge.

I agree Alvin Kamara is vital. Similarly, the Seahawks are a different team when Carson isn’t on the field.

Not impossible, but unlikely. Brees needs to beat brady in the rematch, run the table, and russell and mahomes need to falter

IMO after last night's performance by Wilson. This isn't who I think wins it but its who I think is leading right now.

1. Rodgers (less turnovers than Wilson and putting up big numbers)
2. Wilson (was definitely the leader until last night. He's up to 6 INT on the year tho)
3. Brady (god I hate to admit it but he's putting up monster numbers and they are dismantling good teams)
4. Mahomes (his stats are consistently dropping since his absurd 2018 season but man the kid just wins)
5. Tannehill (this kid has techincally been the most effecient passer since joining the Titans)
6. Alvin Kamra (The Saints are probably .500 or sub .500 without him, quite literally carrying us).

So yeah I don't have Brees in the list.I'm not saying he's playing bad or anything. For the most part I don't think Brees is weighted higher than AK in terms of value for us. I've seen AK take Brees dumpoff all season and turn them into monster gains.

IMO after last night's performance by Wilson. This isn't who I think wins it but its who I think is leading right now.

1. Rodgers (less turnovers than Wilson and putting up big numbers)
2. Wilson (was definitely the leader until last night. He's up to 6 INT on the year tho)
3. Brady (god I hate to admit it but he's putting up monster numbers and they are dismantling good teams)
4. Mahomes (his stats are consistently dropping since his absurd 2018 season but man the kid just wins)
5. Tannehill (this kid has techincally been the most effecient passer since joining the Titans)
6. Alvin Kamra (The Saints are probably .500 or sub .500 without him, quite literally carrying us).

So yeah I don't have Brees in the list.I'm not saying he's playing bad or anything. For the most part I don't think Brees is weighted higher than AK in terms of value for us. I've seen AK take Brees dumpoff all season and turn them into monster gains.

TB12 has thrown 4 pics this year, but two of them returned for touchdowns.

Wilson can't have one tough game and be an MVP??

As far as Rodgers goes....the guy seems to totally mentally abandon football games if they get behind early. That game against Tampa....no, no MVP for him. You can have a bad game, you can lose, all that is fine. You absolutely cannot just give up and be an MVP.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom