Drew Brees, Forgotten Treasure (1 Viewer)

I hate that he gets left out of the elite conversation so often. The dude has been ripped off of at least two MVP awards, possibly three, perhaps even four. There is no damn way he shouldn't have won outright in 2009 and 2011.

You look at the seasons he's had and the stats he's put up, and you're going to tell me that not only does he not deserve to win one, but he doesn't even deserve to get close? He's never even been CLOSE to winning!

It's nice to him get a dose of recognition in the way we see him all the time.

Drew Brees is the NFL's Forgotten Treasure

"Mutha ******* act like they forgot about Drew" made me laugh! :hihi:
If the organization had done a better job of consistently keeping a more balanced team around him in terms of contribution from defense, running game and special teams there would have been more wins and at least another championship and Drew would Be recognized as maybe the best ever.

But he didn't get a whole lot of support from the other units and has had to carry this team for too long.

If the organization had done a better job of consistently keeping a more balanced team around him in terms of contribution from defense, running game and special teams there would have been more wins and at least another championship and Drew would Be recognized as maybe the best ever.

But he didn't get a whole lot of support from the other units and has had to carry this team for too long.

Yes, scouting and talent evaluation have failed Drew. Hopefully we have turned the corner in the last draft and can fill a few holes before Drew is done.

I hate that he gets left out of the elite conversation so often. The dude has been ripped off of at least two MVP awards, possibly three, perhaps even four. There is no damn way he shouldn't have won outright in 2009 and 2011.

You look at the seasons he's had and the stats he's put up, and you're going to tell me that not only does he not deserve to win one, but he doesn't even deserve to get close? He's never even been CLOSE to winning!

There is a valid reason he is left out of most conversations of ELITE quarterbacks, when people who knows this game are discussing it.

There is a valid reason he is left out of most conversations of ELITE quarterbacks, when people who knows this game are discussing it.

And what's that reason? Because there shouldn't be one.

If that Drew isn't considered "ELITE", then that word is meaningless. He's one of the all time greats.

And what's that reason? Because there shouldn't be one.

If that Drew isn't considered "ELITE", then that word is meaningless. He's one of the all time greats.

Well, I agree that the FO drafting has not been the best, but he had a former QB as his head coach, who kept better Offensive talent around him than defense. He had his weapons, so we can't argue that. What I see with Drew is a guy that has played above the rim. The downfall is that he struggles sometimes doing it and it's obvious. He still has the worst record of all elite QBs under pressure and his INTs are continuously mounting. His decision-making sometimes makes us scratch our head, but I just chalk it up to his height and inability see, sometimes. But, we really know better.

He is a Hall of Famer and our best QB ever. He will go down in the golden halls of Saints history, but, he has to come out and play the rest of this season like we saw in 09/11/13 etc. When he is bad, he is awful, and have no problem fumbling the ball under pressure. Possibly holds the record for batted balls as well. Those things hurt him...keeps him out of conversations. Analysts overlook yards and completion percentage, especially when most of the passes are dinks and dunks. There is a bunch more, but you asked what keeps him out of those conversations...thought I would oblige.

imagejpg1419294800348.jpeg

Then who is in that elite group? The four are Rodgers, Brady, Peyton Manning and Brees. Each has won a Super Bowl, been the main reason why their team won football games and sustained an elite level of quarterbacking for years.

However, the one from that group whose status has slipped throughout this season is Brees. Rodgers, Brady and Peyton Manning account on average for about three TDs to one giveaway (interceptions and fumbles lost) per game. That statistic is important because it demonstrates the impact each respective QB has on wins and losses. Brees is more on par with Flacco and Roethlisberger, who flirt with elite status with around a 2-to-1 TD to giveaway ratio.

Being elite is simply being the best of the best and sustaining it for the long haul. Rodgers, Brady and Peyton Manning have done that better than any other current quarterbacks. That is why those three are most deserving of that "elite" stamp.

Suffice it to say, all three have their teams in prime position heading into the playoffs a week from now. That's exactly what you'd expect from a quarterback that's truly elite.

http://www.footballbyfootball.com/column/elite-qb-double-check

Mod, please kill or edit pic for me. It wont let me do it...thanks.

Drew dink and dunk??

This year, maybe. Other than that, Drew is, by far, the most aggressive downfield passer out of Rodgers, Manning, and Brady. That's why the interceptions were maybe a bit higher. Factor in the historically bad defenses he's been stuck with through most of his career and it's little wonder that if anything, Drew thinks he has to be a bit TOO aggressive.

Regardless, if Drew isn't elite, nobody is. First ballot HOFer. If he was 6'2 or bigger like those other guys, it wouldn't be fair.

Fastest to 400 TDs, Most seasons over 5000 yards, highest career completion %, single season completion % record, most consecutive games with a TD pass, and many many more..

not elite my big ole butt

Can't-Miss Play: Spiller's 80-yard TD for the win - NFL Videos

Check the 00:40 mark: Cowboys safety Barry Church won't forget "****ing Drew" ever again! :hihi:

bahahhha looks like he is saying "F-ing Brees Man" that is like the ultimate compliment. That is just Brees being Brees.

Yes, Brees is Elite. Yes, he is one of the best ever. No, he doesn't get talked about right now as much BECAUSE HIS TEAM hasn't been too great. Don't worry, by week 10 they'll be talking about Brees plenty!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom