Drew Brees: I’m not sure there’s a better scenario for Russell Wilson (1 Viewer)

It doesn’t matter, the verdict on here is that Payton had zero impact on Brees’ career, and that Brees would have had multiple 5k yard seasons wherever he ended up.

Wilson should be the exact same as he was last year.

It doesn’t matter, the verdict on here is that Payton had zero impact on Brees’ career, and that Brees would have had multiple 5k yard seasons wherever he ended up.

Wilson should be the exact same as he was last year.
Quit. No one believes that nonsense. They both made one another better. Period.

To be more constructive in this thread, I bet that Payton will do the same thing he did for Brees, start with plays where Wilson was successful and build from there:

Brees expected to be challenged by unfamiliar concepts. Instead, he watched as Payton scribbled plays Brees ran during his first five seasons with the Chargers. A confused Brees interrupted him, telling Payton he was expecting to see some West Coast offensive principles. He didn’t know they ran these kinds of plays.
“And he said, ‘Well, we don’t,’ ” Brees recalled. “ ‘But I know this is what you do and this is what you’re really good at and it’s what you’re comfortable with. So we’re building this offense around you.’ ”
It was a collaborative effort. Payton asked Carmichael, What were the concepts you guys did in San Diego that we need to have here — that he was comfortable with, that he had success with?

“So really, when this playbook got put together, it was grabbed from multiple playbooks, putting what we thought the best fit was for Sean and for Drew, really working together,” Carmichael said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom