Drew Brees: I’m not sure there’s a better scenario for Russell Wilson (1 Viewer)

To be more constructive in this thread, I bet that Payton will do the same thing he did for Brees, start with plays where Wilson was successful and build from there:

For emphasis:

“And he said, ‘Well, we don’t,’ ” Brees recalled. “ ‘But I know this is what you do and this is what you’re really good at and it’s what you’re comfortable with. So we’re building this offense around you.’ ”

Drew was VERY GOOD before SP came along.

SP's brilliance was to see what he had and build an offense around Drew.

And that is no small thing - too many coaches have too much of an ego to do that!

Drew flourished in a "perfect environment *for him*" created by SP.

I don’t see how anyone can doubt the tandem of Payton/Russell.

Russell Wilson has been solid his entire career minus last season and Payton has won multiple games with backup QB’s.

I expect a resurgence in Russell's play from last season, but will it be enough to overcome the Chiefs and Chargers in the division, and a tough AFC?

I see a flip-flop of the conditions from when he took over the Saints. In Denver, he's getting a more competitive team from the start, but the long range outlook is more challenging. It's going to be hard to win that division and even harder to go on the road against a gauntlet of young, high-powered conference opponents.

If he can produce a championship out of that situation in the next few years, it will most certainly elevate his standing among head coaches. It looks like a tough road ahead to me.

I expect a resurgence in Russell's play from last season, but will it be enough to overcome the Chiefs and Chargers in the division, and a tough AFC?

I see a flip-flop of the conditions from when he took over the Saints. In Denver, he's getting a more competitive team from the start, but the long range outlook is more challenging. It's going to be hard to win that division and even harder to go on the road against a gauntlet of young, high-powered conference opponents.

If he can produce a championship out of that situation in the next few years, it will most certainly elevate his standing among head coaches. It looks like a tough road ahead to me.
I personally wouldn’t put it past Payton to get far with that team. They have a top 10 defense and just need some offense. That’s where SP and Russ can get it done IMO. They can do just enough to win a lot of games.

I’m not saying they’re a SB roster, but I can see him doing as well as he did here his last few years with a great defense and mediocre offense.

I wonder what Drew thinks about telling Winston "This is your team now" and Payton left him after ONE year.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Payton and I'm not mad he retired and left us. I'll always appreciate the cultural change he created here.

I do think it would have been cooler to have him in Arizona. I could have rooted for him here in Arizona.

I wonder what Drew thinks about telling Winston "This is your team now" and Payton left him after ONE year.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Payton and I'm not mad he retired and left us. I'll always appreciate the cultural change he created here.

I do think it would have been cooler to have him in Arizona. I could have rooted for him here in Arizona.

I hope this is my last post on the subject and I fight the urge to jump in again 😂. SP brought me and us to the top of the mountain. I am forever grateful. I have no I’ll feelings for him and now he is in the AFC I hope he has great success

DB and SP have a special relationship. I think it’s natural for DB to step in and help if Sean asks

Let’s stop acting like school girls stalking an ex boy friend.

I hope to meet up with SP in a SB one day soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom