Drew Brees in his last 6 games (1 Viewer)

Posts like these piss me off. B/c it is so infuriating how we have one of the best quarterbacks we'll probably ever see play for this team and so many years were wasted on woefully inept defense.

Why do the posts piss you off? The putrid talent evaluation by Payton, willingness to spend like drunken sailors, and zero accountability from distracted owner should be where you place your ire.

What did Benson do last year? He extended Payton!

Sorry, but the thought of Gayle who bankrupted a furniture store on Magazine St. doesn't inspire future confidence.

What makes me so angry is that we have essentially wasted a once in a lifetime talent except for one year (and almost a 2nd) by not adequately surrounding him with a defense.

I mean 10 years and the guy barely has a .500 win percentage.

Incompetence In the FO and coaching without naming names.

We should be sitting here with 3 Lombardis.

Every season of Brees over 40 tds should be a Lombardi imho

The guy has so much ability and is clutch.
Expectations are the bane of both gratitude and perspective.

Winning a Super Bowl is hard. That's why there are still thirteen teams that have never won one and four teams that have never even been to one.

Just because you have a Hall of Fame quarterback doesn't mean you are automatically penciled in for a couple of Lombardi's. Brett Favre has one. Aaron Rodgers as well. Steve Young, Kurt Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny Unitas. All time greats. All only won a single championship. Then you have the Dan Marino and Dan Fouts' of the world without a ring. Jim Kelly and Fran Tarkenton and Warren Moon. No Super Bowls.

No one has wasted anything. Just be happy that the Saints put together enough magic to get the fans one title. Be hopeful that they tap into another miracle stream of momentum and we get to see another. Just quit expecting the results and try and enjoy the ride.

Imagine if Drew could play against our D? :covri:

It's to Drew's credit that he's been able to put up the best passing numbers in NFL history without the benefit of ever facing our defense. While Brady has been able to beat up on the AFC East Drew has never gotten the chance to pick on Jason David, Corey White, Patrick Robinson, Johnny Patrick, the Dixon Twins, Josh Bullocks, Jairus Byrd, Kevin Kaesviharn, Fred Thomas' corpse, etc, etc.

He's putting up the best numbers without ever getting the chance to pad his stats twice a year.

I've noticed he has been hitting these guys in stride. Look at the 98 TD to Cook. Weak arm!!

uJQU372

174/255 68.2% completion rate, 8.21 ypa, 2093 yards, 16TD/1int and a 112.43 QB rating

Those type of stats are mind boggling. Very few QB's in the history of the game have ever put together a stretch like that but we've grown used to it.

That includes 5 straight games without an interception.

That includes 5 straight games with 300+ yards passing (2) over 400 yards.

That includes 5 multiple TD games, 4 of which he had 3 or more TD passes.

That includes 5 straight games with a passer rating over 100, 3 over 110 and 2 over 130.

We are 3-3 in those 6 games. :(

Now I have to agree with the so called experts saying Drew has lost a lot, since he is older and not a top 5 QB anymore!

We all agree 2011 was ours.

I always wonder what it is that makes people think 2011 is any more of a missing ring for us than it would be for Green Bay.

They went 15-1 and beat us in a game early on that probably wasn't as close as the final score indicated. They also lost in the divisional playoff round, just like we did.

Obviously I'd have liked our chances in an NFCCG vs. NYG more than I'd have liked a trip to Lambeau, but that doesn't guarantee we'd have claimed the NFCCG AND the SB that season.

Can that Shizzle guy be unbanned so he can come dispute this all ?

Don't worry, I'm sure Swimmer will come in to type up about 7 or 8 different bullet points that an "NFL-ish" person told him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom