Saints Drew Brees in Playoffs this past decade. (1 Viewer)

I would love to know if Drew audibled to pass on that fumble. Already in FG range after such a dominating, defining run. Just needed to hit them again with whatever run play you have that the OL does consistently well and go downhill and take it from there.
Drew said postgame that he had audibled the play and the receiver on that side ran a different route than what he was expecting

that's why he pumped the ball... and when he reloaded to throw the ball away that's when he was hit from behind and fumbled

Has anyone posted 2017-2019 stats of Drew in the post season. It's not so hot
How are the defensive stats in those same post seasons? I’m particularly interested in 4th qtr stats where we had leads late in the games.

Last edited:
Great post Jason. I wonder if Brees is living off the past in his attitude towards the playoffs since then

I must say I agree. We have lost to way too many mediocre QB's and teams in clutch situations. It usually isn't Brees so much as the defense. What bothered me the most is that any other year we would have either won the game or got to the last play and barely failed. This time Brees folded like a lawn chair. I do not remember seeing Brees look completely helpless with the game on the line.

Here are some playoff stats from 2017 - 2019. This has been updated for Saturday's games.

QB cumulative playoff stats from 2017 - 2019 for QBs with 20+ pass attempts. - https://bit.ly/37WCqeM
Drew is 7th in passer rating during this period.

Note: Passer rating takes into account completion percentage, yards per attempt, TDs per attempt, and interceptions per attempt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passer_rating).

Points scored and allowed by playoff teams from 2017 - 2019. - https://bit.ly/30emKky
Points here are in total. Points per game scored, the saints are 7th. Points per game allowed, the saints are 14.

Note: Its hard to attribute points allowed strictly to the defense or points scored to strictly to the offense as these stats are affected by turnovers.

Last edited:
Even with that, we went to OT and could have won the game. If Lutz makes a kick he ROUTINELY makes, we aren't even having this discussion.

Know wonder why QBs get paid so much money, the take all the blame and an entire defense can just lay down the in OT and hardly take a bit because they let the Vikings run for 160 yards and only allowed 20 points. Sign me up on D and give me my check please.

I must say I agree. We have lost to way too many mediocre QB's and teams in clutch situations. It usually isn't Brees so much as the defense. What bothered me the most is that any other year we would have either won the game or got to the last play and barely failed. This time Brees folded like a lawn chair. I do not remember seeing Brees look completely helpless with the game on the line.

I don't even follow this, sure if you are comparing Brees to Brees then sure. But the guy drove us down the field for the tie and the kicker kicked it through the uprights. That's what coaches play for . . sure I love the games where it all goes right and we put up 40 with our stellar offense, but it didn't.

The Vikings are a team that plays our offense really well. . same as the Rams. WE have grown accustomed to Brees winning it for us and he didn't this time, it's over on to next year. Oh and we were 13-3 . . .and Brees is a pro bowl alternate even missing 5 games.

It 's comments like this that really stick in my craw. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not saying Brees is above criticism, but this is absurd.

If Drew "folded like a lawn chair," so did the defense in OT. When will the defense ever bail him out?

What about Kamara in the last drive? He ruined it with his half-arse play and horrible decision making. If he goes out-of-bounds to save time, doesn't fall flat on his butt without being touched and doesn't commit a false start that cost us 10 seconds, maybe we score a TD and win.

Did Lattimore fold like a lawn chair? Did he defend a single pass in the game?

This loss broke half of this fan base.

It 's comments like this that really stick in my craw. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not saying Brees is above criticism, but this is absurd.

If Drew "folded like a lawn chair," so did the defense in OT. When will the defense ever bail him out?

What about Kamara in the last drive? He ruined it with his half-arse play and horrible decision making. If he goes out-of-bounds to save time, doesn't fall flat on his butt without being touched and doesn't commit a false start that cost us 10 seconds, maybe we score a TD and win.

Did Lattimore fold like a lawn chair? Did he defend a single pass in the game?

This loss broke half of this fan base.

Oh, but those are young exciting players. You can only blame aging, elderly players ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom