Saints Drew Brees in Playoffs this past decade. (1 Viewer)

This playoff loss will be the only playoff game during his Saints career where I will unequivocally say Brees should take a lot of blame for.

We have also officially reached "Payton did not do enough with the talent he had during his tenure as head coach" territory. Mainly 2011 and 2019. He, and the whole team, will have 2018 as their saving grace though because that should have been our year.
I agree 100%. What just frustrates me is how often Brees talked about ascending at the right time.......——then he did that.

[QUOTE="Saintsphere, post: 7914479, member: 2326"

Guess you forgot to mention he threw for a pull of yards and TD, and the defense gave up points faster than a leaky faucet.

Look at each game before you comment. It makes you look ignorant of the facts.[/QUOTE]

In 2009 season playoffs and Superbowl Drew beat 3 great H.O.F QBs: Warner, Favre and Manning.
This might have been the greatest postseason run by a Q.B. Can't think of any Q.B who helped their team beat such a class as prestigious as those three in a single victorious Superbowl run.

Compare to this decade in the postseason. Brees beat Stafford 2011, Foles twice 2013+2018 postseason. Cam Newton in 2017.

This decade he has lost to Hasselback who was past his prime and a then Mediocre Seahawks team. In 2011 lost to a good S.F team with an average Q.B in Smith. 2013 lose to an up and coming Q.B snd Seahawks team. 2017 Case Keenum, 2018 Goff w/ help of refs. This year Kirk who 95 percent of the time is below average against good teams.

Some is on Drew and plenty the coaching staff. If you have your team readied coupled with a H.O.F Q.B this should not happen consistently.

Maybe, or I Guess, or I hope, you forgot to mention he threw for a s......load of yards and TD, and the defense gave up points faster than a leaky faucet.

Look at each game before you comment. It makes you look ignorant of the facts]

[QUOTE="Saintsphere, post: 7914479, member: 2326"

Guess you forgot to mention he threw for a pull of yards and TD, and the defense gave up points faster than a leaky faucet.

Look at each game before you comment. It makes you look ignorant of the facts.

huh? Are you actually absolving Drew from blame from that performance last Sunday?

I just watched Cousins look like total garbage today.

You think 20 points scored should have been enough to win last week?

Y'all are missing the blatantly obvious here.

SF was coming off a bye week.

If your defense manages to hold a team to 20 points at home in a dome, you have zero excuse for your offense not scoring 21-plus.

Man Talk about a bolt from the blue. Hope your team has a good offseason and Rivers rebounds. Got a lot of respect for him.

Thanks mate but we are done. The Chargers fail to give Rivers an elite head coach (outside of that one year with Marty). I mean our coach is a RB coach for starter, has no experience coaching what so ever. He more of a motivational coach than anything.

As a previous post mentioned, it's all about match-ups. Minny only had 20 pts, but they held the ball 10 minutes longer and for 20 more plays than N.O. They also averaged less yards per play. Long drives. We had less pressure on Cousins, because they were able to run the ball. As I saw yesterday, even the ultra athletic MVP fumbles and gets sacked repeatedly when you cant protect the QB and don't/can't run the ball. Cousins was also under pressure more yesterday. Yes, the saints came out flat, but Zimmer knew where he had the most advantage and his methods of exploiting that were more effective than what the saints tried to do.

People dumping on Brees are really insufferable. Here’s a fact: Brees had absolutely nothing to do with how those other QBs played. He doesn’t go head-to-head against them. That’s on the defense.

Here’s another fact: we had late leads against SF, Minn and the Rams, and the defense couldn’t get a stop in any of those games. We scored 36 on the road in Seattle, but the defense gave up 41 to the mediocre, past his prime Hasselbeck. We scored 32 against SF, but the D couldn’t keep the mediocre Alex Smith out of the end zone when he was at his own 30 yd line with 30 seconds left. We took the lead against Minn with 25 seconds left in the game, and the D couldn’t keep them out of the end zone. And that wasn’t the only miracle that year. The first miracle was when the defense somehow managed not to crap the bed against the Panthers the week before. We took the lead late in the NFCCG, but the D couldn’t keep the mediocre Goff from taking his team down the field for a tying FG.

But yeah, Drew Brees sucks. You folks need a reality check.

Yes I know it was an important kick but prior to that he was 19 for 19 under 50 yards. He was going to miss one eventually. What I meant to say was kicker are human, they can't make every single kick. Remind me of Justin Tucker missing a kick last year against the Seahawks or Zurlein missing a 44 yards field goal to win the game against the Seahawks this year.

What I'm trying to say is you have a top 5 kicker in the league, which is very hard to find. My team went through so many kickers.
I don't know Justin Tucker says otherwise. I think he's a career 99.9% FG kicker! :LOL:

I will.

Tell Brees not to throw a weak deep ball into double coverage and to hold onto the football after Taysom makes a game-changing play.
Tell Ginn to try and help his QB when he knows he's not gonna catch the ball.

Oh yeah, tell Dennis Allen to quit while you're at it.

Tell Ginn to try and help his QB when he knows he's not gonna catch the ball.

Oh yeah, tell Dennis Allen to quit while you're at it.

You mean by using his crystal ball to predict Brees is going to throw it 5 yards short so he can cut off his route?

Will do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom