Drew Brees inducted to Texas Sports HoF (1 Viewer)

One HOF down. NCAA, your at bat. Canton is probably 13 years away.

edit: interesting FYI on NCAA HOF

http://www.hammerandrails.com/2012/5/15/3022449/purdue-college-football-hall-of-fame

Brees is ineligible until he retires from the NFL, but I think he's a stone-cold lock to be in because his off the field record is impeccable and he still holds virtually every Big Ten passing record. He won the Maxwell Award and Academic All-American of the Year as a senior and has a Super Bowl MVP award on his resume. He'll likely finish his career as one of the greatest passers in NFL history and he's probably headed to the Pro Hall of Fame for good measure

Drew Brees stands out at Texas Sports Hall of Fame ceremony

Brees helped Austin Westlake High School win the Class 5A Division II football state championship in 1996.

"I wanted to go to Texas A&M so bad, but everything happens for a reason," Brees told the paper. "I got to go to Purdue and play in the Big Ten which I thought was the best conference in the nation then. This is a great honor and I'm humbled to be inducted with this class."

Texas A&M fans said:

This begins the record breaking campaign to be inducted into every hall of fame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom