Drew Brees Interview on WWL870am (1 Viewer)

SAINTS 12

WHO DAT !!!!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WWL Radio&#8207;<S>@</S>WWLAMFM
Deke: Drew is chomping at the bit! http://bit.ly/WvBs3l

Click HERE to listen to our conversation with Drew Brees&#8230;.

We talked to Drew about the salary cap and restructuring, and he agreed: That's just the way the NFL is run today.

"Everybody is up against the cap, and everybody wants to be as competitive as possible. And in order to do that, you're going to have to pay to keep certain players," he said. "You're going to want to build your team as best you can with the amount of money you have, but obviously there's a cap on that, though. You're trying to fit as many talented players and as many players as you want to keep on your team as you can. And inevitably, on every team, you can't spend as much as you want, this isn't the New York Yankees. Everybody has that challenge."

Drew said he and the entire Saints square are more than ready to get conditioning and training underway in mid-April.

"Absolutely. We're all chomping at the bit. Obviously excited to have Coach Payton back, and excited to get back to work. I always look forward to that down time with the family, and I've taken full advantage of it, this last month or so. But I cannot wait to get back to work when the time comes.

I swear it took 5 min for Bobby to ask 1 question

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom