Drew Brees is a better QB with less talented receivers (1 Viewer)

was it just me... or did we see the quietest 7000 milestone in nfl history.
(perhaps the first 7000 milestone)

When we had Graham, we also had Colston, Moore, Henderson & Meachem, so I’m not sure where the “tunnel vision” comment comes from...or do consider those guys (along with Ginn, Watson, TQ, Cook) “less talent”?
Those 4 is not on the same level as Colston, Moore, and co. Brees didnt have good offensive talent prior to MT, Kamara, being drafted.

Man, you just don’t get it. Old noodle arm can’t complete a pass over 5 yards and we could win with a 3rd string QB as long as he can throw it 80 yards in the air. Pre-snap reads? Pfft. My cat could do that.

/s

There isn’t a Drew Brees pass my 12yr old cannot catch....fact.

He's a better qb when his coach decides to run the ball and be balanced during the game. Running the ball and keeping Drew in a good down and distant with good plays is a winning formula

I couldn't agree more....

We won because of the pass today and our HOF QB. Had nothing to do with the run setting up the pass. That is what losing teams do.

I couldn't agree less.... If you don't think a 3rd and short Brees is more effective than 3rd and long Brees then you really haven't been paying attention....

Brees is good period. He makes all of the WRs, RBs and offensive lineman better than they actually are.

I actually think it works both ways. They sometimes make Brees look good also. Our offensive line (IMO) has become an elite run-blocking line, to not take advantage of that would be insane. Balance is key, when a D cannot figure out what is coming next with Brees back there....well, we don't punt....

We ran the ball almost 30 times (29 to be exact), just a shade under 5 yards a carry. That is winning football....

I said it weeks ago, the Saints should be running it at least 25-30 times a game and that SP would adjust....he clearly has....during this 3 game winning streak we have run it 25+ times every game, our RB's during this stretch are averaging roughly 5 a pop...

It is only a matter of time before teams load up the box more and more, if Armstead can come back healthy soon I really like our chances on the offensive side of the ball....

Just like when we had Graham, Brees seem to get tunnel vision with Thomas because he catches everything. With less talent Brees goes through more progressions and seems to throw the ball around more. This makes our offense harder to defend. I don’t mind the offense we put on the field today. We could win 13 easily with an average/above average D.
I hope
When Thomas comes back Brees realizes he has Sanders, Calloway and Smith to throw to as well.

I agree 100% but there's still a need for guys that can beat man coverage, like CGM, Kamara, and Sanders.
Against a zone defense, all you need is smart route runners that can find the soft spot - the Lance Moore role. Callaway was really good at that. Harris too, but his routes take longer and need better protection.

Panthers really gambled by playing zone. I don't know how many other teams will be that dumb after seeing that Brees is once again as accurate as ever.

Once CGM is back, it would be great to continue to distribute to everyone else early on, take the focus off of him, and "save" him for those 3rd and 4th downs where we just need him to beat his guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom