Drew Brees: "I've been waiting for this" (1 Viewer)

Brees hasn't shown the ability to beat a jr high team this yr. Horrible throw after hottible throw. Rarely on target. Receivers have to make acrobatic plays when there isn't anyone within 10 yrds of them. Plus the deep ball. omg he's always late. wr's have to slow down on 99% off those. but keep up the faith.

I know right!? What kind of loser leads the league in yards and has an 8:1 TD/INT ratio, along with the longest pass so far this season and in Saints history? Definitely not a HoF qb Thats for sure

I kinda feel sorry for Drew. He finally gets to play SD in SD but is taking one of the most untalented teams he has been on with him. This team will be lucky to win 3 games. I never question Drew's competitiveness. Sometimes you just don't have the talent to compete.

Drew Brees on returning to San Diego: 'I've been waiting for this' - NFL Nation- ESPN

I'm calling it right now, there is no way the Saints lose on Sunday!

What a great read. I've been waiting for years for the schedule to come around and line up a Saints visit in San Diego. They haven't been out here since training camp in Oxnard years ago now. Those are great memories.

I think there should be a few thousand Saints fans down there on Sunday, and I'll be one of them. It'll be awesome to cheer for Drew and the Saints....the weather is suppose to be near perfect with a high of 73.

Who Dat! Let's make a victory against San Diego the spark to what could be a special season.

It doesn't change my opinion on the outcome of the game. He's the one player I always expect to show up. It wont matter if the Chargers offense only has the will of Brees to contend with.[/QUOTE

Brees hasn't shown the ability to beat a jr high team this yr. Horrible throw after hottible throw. Rarely on target. Receivers have to make acrobatic plays when there isn't anyone within 10 yrds of them. Plus the deep ball. omg he's always late. wr's have to slow down on 99% off those. but keep up the faith.

Do you even follow football?

You do realize he leads the league in passing...again...

All I'm sayin is.... they sell a lot of In & Out there ;)

I think they won 13 regular season games in a row the last time they had In N Out.....back during their SB run. I'd order up some again if I were Mr. Benson.

don't know if it has been posted and I haven't search for it :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="fr"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TBT?src=hash">#TBT</a> Drew Brees will play in San Diego as a Saint for the first time Sunday<br>A look at how a fumble led Brees to NOLA<a href="https://t.co/fcULjAFs0A">https://t.co/fcULjAFs0A</a></p>&mdash; New Orleans Saints (@Saints) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saints/status/781491795138121728">29 septembre 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think that's great, his first game back in San Diego and all.. I'm certainly looking forward to it.. but I don't know how you could say that there's no way that we lose on Sunday.

If we couldn't win at home against a decent at best Atlanta team on the 10th anniversary of the re-opening of the Superdome then there are zero guarantees for this team. It couldn't have been scripted better for us and yet we still couldn't find a way to win the game.

That being said, bring on Sunday. I hope Drew shreds them in similar fashion to which he shredded the Pats in 09. This team needs a win badly.

he will likely shred them, but they will shred us so...

we have to score a TD every possession.....that's the only way we'll win games this year.

This season will be a repeat of 2007, 2012, 2014 and 2015: We start the season in a big hole, win a few to gain some momentum, even win a few we're supposed to lose after we get healthy, look to be in position to make a playoff push and then shockingly lose some easy games to finish 7-9. We will all go into the offseason confident that next year will be different.

That 2008 London game was a designated Saints "home" game.

Not! Check your facts. The London game was a Charger home game. That's why it's taken Brees 11 years as a Saint to get out there.

Brees has beaten the Chargers twice as a Saint. Once in the Dome and once in London.

Drew Brees mentally preparing for first visit to Qualcomm in Saints jersey | NOLA.com

"Brees' first return trip would've come in 2008, but the NFL scheduled the Saints and Chargers to play in London. The Chargers visited New Orleans in 2012, and this will be the first matchup since then. Brees and the Saints won each of the last two meetings."

Not! Check your facts. The London game was a Charger home game. That's why it's taken Brees 11 years as a Saint to get out there.

Brees has beaten the Chargers twice as a Saint. Once in the Dome and once in London.

Drew Brees mentally preparing for first visit to Qualcomm in Saints jersey | NOLA.com

"Brees' first return trip would've come in 2008, but the NFL scheduled the Saints and Chargers to play in London. The Chargers visited New Orleans in 2012, and this will be the first matchup since then. Brees and the Saints won each of the last two meetings."

Saints home game

They only played at the Dome 7 games. Its one of the frustrating things about 2008....the NFL not giving back the Katrina home game in New York.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nor/2008.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is his first and last visit to San Diego in his career ..... it better be a W .... Carolina beats ATL, Den beats Tampa ... we beat SD .... we will be just 1 game behind in the division ...

It has taken Brees 11 years as a Saint to return there because the West Divisions rotations were modified (Saints at Chargers would have taken place in 2012 if not for the schedule rotation modification beginning in 2010). Had the 2008 game not been in London, it would have been in New Orleans as the previous Saints-Chargers game in 2004 took place in San Diego.

That statement in the article is incorrect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom