N/S Drew Brees Lost Jazzland contract but has Another Opportunity (2 Viewers)

maddog

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Though recently retired Saints Star Drew Brees and his business partners had their eyes on the location, it looks like their group will not be steering the site through a reconstruction effort.

Brees and his partners will be provided with the opportunity to construct an alternate city site for their project, which includes plans for an urban farm, a series of educational centers, as well as a transportation and logistics hub.

Sounds like Drew got a nice break....

The first thing they need to do is get the crime under control out there. Anything in NOE is poison....

You know when Lowe's shuts down, things are bad...

It’s for the best, he doesn’t have the Midas touch that folks might think he has, but he has made some very wise investments. Missing out on this endeavor is probably for the best. Can you imagine having to work with the city of New Orleans? Pass

What's the over/under in years on how long before the Water Park Hotel complex is a complete flop and shuttered closed?
This is hard to fathom given the history of the first attempt in this location. It is literally in a swamp.

Isolated. No reason to be there, and what kind of experience could they put in there that would draw enough people to make the trip and spend a lot of money?

Though recently retired Saints Star Drew Brees and his business partners had their eyes on the location, it looks like their group will not be steering the site through a reconstruction effort.

Brees and his partners will be provided with the opportunity to construct an alternate city site for their project, which includes plans for an urban farm, a series of educational centers, as well as a transportation and logistics hub.

Good news despite not getting the contract to redo Jazzland/Six Flags. I hope Brees and his partners in that endeavor don't stop until it's done!

This is hard to fathom given the history of the first attempt in this location. It is literally in a swamp.

Isolated. No reason to be there, and what kind of experience could they put in there that would draw enough people to make the trip and spend a lot of money?

i used to live just a 5 min drive from Jazzland. There's nothing to do there and more blight. Wasn't bad of an area and it has nice houses not far from it but the East generally is a crime-infested area. They made a huge mistake building it there. Should have built it in the Westbank or Metairie/Kenner area.

All I heard was Eastover's coming back and I am super jacked for that.
Yeah, while I was working in ibanking in New Orleans, there was an investor that wanted to rebuild a gated community in the area (plumbing, roads, homes, etc.). I don’t know if it ever happened, but I know it wasn’t going to be cheap.

Yeah, while I was working in ibanking in New Orleans, there was an investor that wanted to rebuild a gated community in the area (plumbing, roads, homes, etc.). I don’t know if it ever happened, but I know it wasn’t going to be cheap.
I was refering to the golf course 😄. But I'm sure the whole project will pick up the area as a whole.

Is Drew still living in New Orleans or has he moved his family to San Diego? I was in San Diego two weeks ago, beautiful city (expensive) so I can't fault him. Wonder which ex-Saints still live in metro New Orleans after their playing days.
He now has a condo in the same building as CSP but sold their St. Charles Ave house. Their main home is in San Diego where his kids go to school.

I was refering to the golf course 😄. But I'm sure the whole project will pick up the area as a whole.
IDK, I think at this point the East needs a rebranding, too much negative out there in terms of news and perception to draw anyone back with "area changing money"....where would they shop? hell...where would they get groceries? The WalMart on Bullard? That's got 2 strikes against it already "WalMart" and "Bullard"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom