N/S Drew Brees Lost Jazzland contract but has Another Opportunity (1 Viewer)

IDK, I think at this point the East needs a rebranding, too much negative out there in terms of news and perception to draw anyone back with "area changing money"....where would they shop? hell...where would they get groceries? The WalMart on Bullard? That's got 2 strikes against it already "WalMart" and "Bullard"
The East just simply needs its tax paying citizens taken care of out there. Renters need to be turned into home owners and small business owners without gentrifying. It can be done for those already there. Instead of begging big boxes to serve an area they will always be hesitant to serve.

Not going to get into history, politics, hows and whys, but that's essentially what needs to happen. And no politician is even trying. Good for Brees and the others that are still trying.

Not to hijack this thread but why has the city continuously turned down Jazzland Park's proposal? It's been close to 10 years now that they have been trying to rebuild & add to the theme park.

Not to hijack this thread but why has the city continuously turned down Jazzland Park's proposal? It's been close to 10 years now that they have been trying to rebuild & add to the theme park.
Seems to me like the city doesn't care unless they get their cut. But idk.

Anyone else facepalmed when they heard they want to build a WATERPARK? Who in their right mind is going to drive all the way out there, in a crime-ridden area, to a waterpark? Blue bayou is great, has a theme park too and is far away from crime areas. A theme park actually makes more sense because six flags made it awesome and fun enough to be worth the drive. Also why would tourists bother when Orlando exists? Such a bone-headed move. Unreal.

I thought the whole theme park thing was ridiculous. There are so many, they can't all be prosperous. And who was coming to New Orleans to go to a theme park?

Anyone else facepalmed when they heard they want to build a WATERPARK? Who in their right mind is going to drive all the way out there, in a crime-ridden area, to a waterpark? Blue bayou is great, has a theme park too and is far away from crime areas. A theme park actually makes more sense because six flags made it awesome and fun enough to be worth the drive. Also why would tourists bother when Orlando exists? Such a bone-headed move. Unreal.
Jazzland Park's proposal includes a Theme Park and a Water Park. I believe they also wanted to add a Movie Lot. All to be done in different phases. Blue bayou is ok but it's the only option because nothing is here to compete with it. http://www.jazzlandpark.com/

I thought the whole theme park thing was ridiculous. There are so many, they can't all be prosperous. And who was coming to New Orleans to go to a theme park?
I wouldn't say it would be a main reason to come here but it's a great for the locals and for those who are already visiting, it'll be an added bonus.

I wouldn't necessarily look at it as coming to NOLA just to go to a theme park. It would be an additional attraction. Besides, the closest amusement/theme park for people living in South LA and MS is Houston. If you live in Lake Charles, maybe it makes sense to drive to Houston but if you live anywhere from Alexandria to Jackson and parts south, an amusement park/theme park 3 hours away would be ideal.

Jazzland Park's proposal includes a Theme Park and a Water Park. I believe they also wanted to add a Movie Lot. All to be done in different phases. Blue bayou is ok but it's the only option because nothing is here to compete with it. http://www.jazzlandpark.com/

I wouldn't say it would be a main reason to come here but it's a great for the locals and for those who are already visiting, it'll be an added bonus.
Ah, didnt know about the theme park part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom