N/S Drew Brees Lost Jazzland contract but has Another Opportunity (1 Viewer)

It’s for the best, he doesn’t have the Midas touch that folks might think he has, but he has made some very wise investments. Missing out on this endeavor is probably for the best. Can you imagine having to work with the city of New Orleans? Pass
Not sure what you are referring to, but he bought 50% into Walk-Ons and ever since, they have grown leaps and bounds. The only venture I would say he got into, was Waitr.

Not sure what you are referring to, but he bought 50% into Walk-Ons and ever since, they have grown leaps and bounds. The only venture I would say he got into, was Waitr.
He is actually involved in quite a few ventures (many fall below public interest).

He's always had a home in San Diego. He never left it.
Is Drew still living in New Orleans or has he moved his family to San Diego? I was in San Diego two weeks ago, beautiful city (expensive) so I can't fault him. Wonder which ex-Saints still live in metro New Orleans after their playing days.
He was never intending to live here and have his kids grow up here. His wife never did really adapt to the city/area. She was west coast, through and through! It is what it is. Nothing against them, for a better quality of life.

He now has a condo in the same building as CSP but sold their St. Charles Ave house. Their main home is in San Diego where his kids go to school.
His house wasn't on St Charles..

Brees bought a place in the Four Seasons development that was the old WTC. Payton had a place in the Warehouse District.... But I think he may have moved back to the Northshore...

Last edited:
Does people mentioning crime in New Orleans East actually live there or only hearing crime reports on the news? Crime is everywhere in New Orleans, in Algiers west bank, 7th ward, and uptown in central city a few blocks from St. Charles. That doesn’t stop business. Lowes on Read wasn’t making enough money to stay open there. Michoud, where the six flags is located, is actually a good area in New Orleans East. The area in the East that’s impacted by crime is Little Woods, but that doesn’t affect the six flags site.

It may be good for Drew that he didn’t get the contract because farming and transportation hub alone may not have lasted long term financially at that site, compared to a location in the garden district or Kenner. Keeping it a theme park, plus hotels and sports complex, brings in more revenue for New Orleans East and the city overall.

IDK, I think at this point the East needs a rebranding, too much negative out there in terms of news and perception to draw anyone back with "area changing money"....where would they shop? hell...where would they get groceries? The WalMart on Bullard? That's got 2 strikes against it already "WalMart" and "Bullard"
I worked out the 20 years ago and even back then it was darn near impossible to get a decent lunch. It’s really depressing. I don’t know how you turn that around. Perhaps this is a start but I wouldn’t count on it.

The city did Drew a favor. The new site for his venture will be a better money maker.
All part of Ms. Benson's succession plan.

The streets intersect and the house was only a block or 2 off St. Charles, I think. I mean, it was close.
I saw his house by Audubon 6 years ago. It's impressive by my standards but not impressive for a multi-millionaire. It look rather ordinary and boring for a wealthy individual. Landscape was dull.

I saw his house by Audubon 6 years ago. It's impressive by my standards but not impressive for a multi-millionaire. It look rather ordinary and boring for a wealthy individual. Landscape was dull.
I felt that way as well. For a guy who could pretty much afford whatever house he wanted, that was a pretty “meat and potatoes” style home. Sure it wasn’t a joke you would find 5 blocks towards Metairie, but it wasn’t some grand piece of real estate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom