Drew Brees & Matt Ryan Tearing Up The League (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
These two QBs are setting the league on fire. While only one is getting the chatter or MVP talk, let's look at the numbers

1. Matt Ryan 9 games 2,980 YDS 69.6% 23 TDs 4 INTs Passer Rating 119

2. Drew Brees 8 games 2,689 YDS 69.7% 21 TDS 5 INTs Passer Rating 106.7

I think it's pretty amazing what these two NFCS QBs are doing. Too bad they don't have complimentary defenses, then this league would REALLY be in some trouble.

I honestly don't think that Drew gets the recognition he deserves. It seems like the only thing CONSISTENTLY keeping him out of MVP talks, is our anemic defense year in and year out. I'll admit though, this year feels a bit different with the D. A lot of young guys, and it seems like they MAYBE starting to gel a bit. I am cautiously optimistic and hopeful. But regardless or as some of my less erudite friends would say, irregardless (I hate that btw), Drew is CONSISTENTLY performing at an amazing clip.

Whether the rest of the world recognizes it or not, I certainly see how amazing our guy has been and will DREAD the day he hangs up his cleats or leaves NOLA. We are not likely to see another one like him ever. Legit GOAT conversation.

Brees will have the most passing yards once Atlanta has their BYE. Not to mention, Ryan and the clowns will most likely fizzle out down the stretch.

It is remarkable how they are having almost identical season (actually Brees is looking slightly better per game statistically) However, one of these guys is on the short list for MVP and one is not even garnering mentions.

Can't say it's wins and losses either -- we are but 1.5 games back of the Falcons.

Anyway, this is 2011 all over again. If Ryan and Brees are close, Ryan gets the accolades. Just like Rodgers and Brees in 11'. Sad.

Falcons have made a yearly tradition of fading in the second half of the season. I think Ryan's numbers will fall off.

Other than YPA (which is more a function of the different offensive systems than anything else) Brees and Ryan's per-game averages are almost exactly the same in every category.

Whether the rest of the world recognizes it or not, I certainly see how amazing our guy has been and will DREAD the day he hangs up his cleats or leaves NOLA. We are not likely to see another one like him ever. Legit GOAT conversation.

to add even more weirdness to it, every week you hear commentators showing Drew's stats and talking about him as top 5 top 10 QB - and yet never any talk of MVP

summin just don't add up

Julio Jones will get hurt in a few weeks and Ryan's stats will come back down to earth.

If Drew had Julio Jones on his team he'd throw for 6000 yards and 60 TD's. As much as I hate the guy, he's an animal. My 14 year old daughter could throw for 2000 yards in the NFL if she simply chucked up jump balls to Jones on every play.

Just look at what Brady did when he had Randy Moss on his team.

to add even more weirdness to it, every week you hear commentators showing Drew's stats and talking about him as top 5 top 10 QB - and yet never any talk of MVP

summin just don't add up

It's the wins. They haven't added up. Now if we can look back in a few weeks at 7-4, we might start hearing things differently.

Funny thing is if brees had 9 games he is on pace for 3,048 yards and 24 touchdowns, putting him above ryan in both categories. Plus ryan has julio.

Its funny ryan gets mvp talk and brees doesn't.

Funny thing is if brees had 9 games he is on pace for 3,048 yards and 24 touchdowns, putting him above ryan in both categories. Plus ryan has julio.

Its funny ryan gets mvp talk and brees doesn't.

You have a weird definition of "funny."

People are talking about Matt Ryan, Tom Brady and Dak Presscott for MVP ... no one's even mentioning drew at this point ...

It is frustrating. It is almost as if Brees is EXPECTED to do this, so because of that, he doesn't get the recognition.

It'll be a shame if both Scam Newton and Matt friggin Ryan will have an MVP award next to their names and Drew Brees won't.

Julio Jones will get hurt in a few weeks and Ryan's stats will come back down to earth.

If Drew had Julio Jones on his team he'd throw for 6000 yards and 60 TD's. As much as I hate the guy, he's an animal. My 14 year old daughter could throw for 2000 yards in the NFL if she simply chucked up jump balls to Jones on every play.

Just look at what Brady did when he had Randy Moss on his team.

I used to alternate as the QB for my flag football team in college, and I had a guy on the team that was the best athlete in the league. Sometimes he QB'd, and I'd be a WR. Anyway, whenever I QB'd, I looked for him, and 8 out of 10 times I'd chuck the ball to him. He was usually open, but it didn't matter. I remember one play where he was tripled covered, and I chucked it to him anyway. He jumped a foot higher than everybody else and snagged the ball. I probably had over a 100 QB rating just because of him! Guys like Julio Jones and Randy Moss are comparably better than everybody else around them. They just make QBs look good. Mike Thomas is getting there for Brees, but he's still not quite on their level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom