Drew Brees Named NFC Offensive Player of the Week (1 Viewer)

dbnola

Reaction score
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=3051

"While my name might be attached to the Player of the Week Award, this, in my opinion, is an award that the entire team shares," said Brees. "The offensive line did a fantastic job, the running backs were great in their pass protection and the receivers and tight ends were getting open and making the catches. I also think that the credit goes to the defense, who started the game so strongly and allowed us the opportunity to get the lead and play in front the entire way."

Good for you, Drew and whole team!

I'm definitely starting him on my fantasy team this week. I think Pittsburgh will put 8 or 9 in the box and shut down the run, enabling Brees to carve them up through the air.

man, what a leader... i kno im young being only 20 but i've watched many games of our early saints and man, this team is the brightest saints team i have ever had the pleasure of watching.. of after being a saints fan since birth u still have ur questions like will the give up games they're suppose to win, will the give up after the second half of the game, or even will they give up after the second half of the season... but i honestly believe this team will be a competitor for a long time to come and those inquiries will become a thing of the past.. also i see Payton having as good of a career as Belichick.. the guy is a genius.. along with his staff.. and lastly Reggie Bush struggling is the least of my concerns right now, cause i am 100% sure he'll come around and dominate this league in due time..

Amazing -- every time the guy opens his mouth you hear the words of a leader and team player -- no wonder the team is playing their hearts out for him -- San Diego fans -- eat your hearts out -- he is our stud now

Amazing -- every time the guy opens his mouth you hear the words of a leader and team player -- no wonder the team is playing their hearts out for him -- San Diego fans -- eat your hearts out -- he is our stud now

+100000000

Classy as always

Drew is a true leader, always put the blame on himself if the team strugles but when he wins a much deserved award, he credits the whole team.

I'm definitely starting him on my fantasy team this week. I think Pittsburgh will put 8 or 9 in the box and shut down the run, enabling Brees to carve them up through the air.

Why do you think teams are doing this? I think we are more dangerous through the air than on the ground. With Duece coming off injury and Reggie not running incredibly well lately, it seems like teams would want to stop our passing game, esp w colston horn and devery was has been on fire a few games. I odn't think it is teams copying the Ravens, bc Baltimore didn't just stack 8 in the box and wait, they were moving around and showing blitz then pulling back and giving me looks i've rarely if ever seen, from defenses. I don't think bringin 8 men ready to obviously pounce on the run will stop us. You have to be creative and confuse our offensive line who are lights out at pass protection if they see what the defense is bringing.

Why do you think teams are doing this? I think we are more dangerous through the air than on the ground. With Duece coming off injury and Reggie not running incredibly well lately, it seems like teams would want to stop our passing game, esp w colston horn and devery was has been on fire a few games. I odn't think it is teams copying the Ravens, bc Baltimore didn't just stack 8 in the box and wait, they were moving around and showing blitz then pulling back and giving me looks i've rarely if ever seen, from defenses. I don't think bringin 8 men ready to obviously pounce on the run will stop us. You have to be creative and confuse our offensive line who are lights out at pass protection if they see what the defense is bringing.

I think it's because they have viewed Drew's arm as "unproven" and that he has to prove that he can beat them with the pass. Well, he's done that now, so it might change. I can tell you that all the time he was at SD they put 8 in the box and he ended up one of the top 10 QBs each of the past 2 years.

I'm playing against him this week in FF. :( I hope Colston offsets enough of those points, because he will be a monster

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=3051

"While my name might be attached to the Player of the Week Award, this, in my opinion, is an award that the entire team shares," said Brees. "The offensive line did a fantastic job, the running backs were great in their pass protection and the receivers and tight ends were getting open and making the catches. I also think that the credit goes to the defense, who started the game so strongly and allowed us the opportunity to get the lead and play in front the entire way."

Good for you, Drew and whole team!

Hands down, the best QB we've ever had:

Talent (maybe a young Stabler would be competition)... Intelligence... Leadership... Field Awareness... Coolness under pressure... Consistency... Humility... Hunger... Focussed... I could go on.

The best player we've ever picked up in FA. :worthy:

Congrats Drew, you sure deserve it. Class statement about the team also!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom