Drew Brees Needs To Be In The MVP Talk (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
It is universally accepted that this is a QB driven league, and in this QB driven league, Drew Brees is the best of the best. Yeah, I know that we currently have a losing record but that would be squarely on the shoulders of the defense and special teams which are statistically in the bottom third of the league.

Drew Brees:

Passing Yards 3,587 - 1st
Completion percentage 71.5% - 1st
TDs 30 - 1st
QBR 109.1 - 3rd
Longest Pass 98 - 1st

What he is doing is incredible, amazing, and he needs to be AT LEAST in the discussion.

Today he was 28/36 for 310 yards, 78%, 4 passingTDs 1 rushing TD and 0 INTs.

It is going to end up being his best season statistically.

He will end up right at 72 % completion rate, well over 40 TDs (first qb ever to have 3 seasons with 40 TDs), a qb rating at about 112 and over 5300 yards. He will also break his own record for completions in a season.

time to win out, beat atlanta on one of the best games in Brees history (5 TDs, 450 yards) on his way to winning the division and the mvp

Honestly, at this point, I no longer care.

Being a Saints fan means being happy with ours and what we call our own.

We know how great he is, and he's given us more Lombardis than Atlanta and Carolina have combined.

His career playoff passer rating is almost TWENTY POINTS HIGHER than either Brady or Manning.

I don't need some flavor-of-the-month MVP award.

The failures we have, are the result of Mickey and Sean never really having a cogent defensive philosophy (until maybe now), and our close personal friend Roger Goodell, who will set the record for the fastest trip to hell when that day comes.

But for now, we all know, and that's enough.

Pretty certain he'll finally win the award if we win these next 5 games.

A lot can change over the last 5 weeks of the season. If the Saints can go 9-7 or 10-6 and make the playoffs Brees will be in contention for MVP.

I was looking for Brees during highlights out here in Seattle country, nope only that Snead Flea flick pass, Brees unlike every other QB had zero highlights out here.

Also during 1 break they showed the final score 49 to whatever and said it was a lot closer than it looked, IOW, this isn't New England so it wasn't that awesome haha

Pretty certain he'll finally win the award if we win these next 5 games.

I do agree that if he finishes with a flourish and wins the division, he very well may get it if the Patriots can lose a couple of more games and not get the number 1 seed

Elliot and Dak are going to split votes

Also need Carr to drop a couple of games and play poorly in them

Those are the front runners, along with Ryan.

This type thread has been brought up quite often and I agree 100% with the posters but unfortunately MVP is only for winning teams. With that said we can win out if we play to our potential and Drew can be in the mix.

Sorry he will not win the MVP he just wont. Everyone on this board knows what he does and how much he means to the Saints in fact he probably is legitimately a Saint not to just this football team but to the league itself. But MVP is just a popularity contest and it will always be that. Having a losing record team does not help your case in any fashion if he was on a winning team he would be in the discussion hell if he had the same season as he did in 2011 he would win it. Every time he is having a good season as a team there is always someone else doing a little better, at least in the eyes of the "Media."

I don't think he has a snowballs chance but I would agree with the sentiment. He's far and away the MVP of this league for me. Without Drew we're lucky to win 3 games. Voting is based on team performance though so it won't happen.

I just want him to re-break the single season passing record so Manning and Elias and the rest of them with that lateral can kiss my fanny....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom