Drew Brees Needs To Be In The MVP Talk (1 Viewer)

Honestly, at this point, I no longer care.

Being a Saints fan means being happy with ours and what we call our own.

We know how great he is, and he's given us more Lombardis than Atlanta and Carolina have combined.

His career playoff passer rating is almost TWENTY POINTS HIGHER than either Brady or Manning.

I don't need some flavor-of-the-month MVP award.

The failures we have, are the result of Mickey and Sean never really having a cogent defensive philosophy (until maybe now), and our close personal friend Roger Goodell, who will set the record for the fastest trip to hell when that day comes.

But for now, we all know, and that's enough.
:worthy:

MVP talk.....really. Dak Prescott got that. A rookie coming from Mississippi State and have mastered the Cowboys playbook in such a short time and dont throw ints like Brees. Dak is my MVP.....Geaux Dak and Dawgs!!!

When we were the most exciting team in the League and running up victory after victory on prime time and setting records left and right they barely mentioned him in discussions about the award. We were pulling record setting numbers for viewership too. What makes you think they'll give him a second thought now?

I don't subscribe to the supposed NFL/sports media conspiracy against the Saints that many of you do. But I must say, Drew has definitively had 1 MVP award stolen from him (2009) and arguably could have won 2 others (2006, 2011).

If he wasn't able to win it in 2009 with all he did for that team, then I doubt he ever will. We'll have to settle for all the records and a Lombardi trophy. So sad! :hihi:

I should mention, though, that the thread has merit. Drew has played incredibly this year and is the only reason we are in any sort of contention for a playoff spot. He is playing as well now as he ever has which is incredible considering the heights he has reached.

Brady and Carr are the front runners. Both with tremendous 4th quarter comebacks today only solidify their lead.

About a 75 % chance that whichever team gets the number 1 seed will get it. They would both have to melt down a bit in order to open the door for Ryan or Brees. I dont see anyone else getting in the mix as Dak and Elliot will split votes.

A dark horse is Stafford. Probably would have to win out, however.

15267894_1343747455636074_6910767344323567753_n.jpg

After the Carolina at Oakland game, the CBS post game showed a list of top performers for the Sunday games.

Drew Brees was NOT on that list, but Matty Poo-Pants was even though his stats were FAR less spectacular than were Brees'. I truly do not understand were all this hate is coming from.

Are they somehow upset with his work with the Players' Union? :scratch:

That's part of it Bill. Drew insulting the Commissioner when ever he can :hihi: doesn't help either. Payton likes to give the press some grief from time to time too.

I hope they'll keep it up.

After the Carolina at Oakland game, the CBS post game showed a list of top performers for the Sunday games.

Drew Brees was NOT on that list, but Matty Poo-Pants was even though his stats were FAR less spectacular than were Brees'. I truly do not understand were all this hate is coming from.

Are they somehow upset with his work with the Players' Union? :scratch:
LOL. I saw that.

But what I also found hilarious was that the Saints were beating the brakes off of the Rams, and at the time Drew had 4 TDs and while I was on the NFL website, the lead story was, "Goff goes deep for his first TD". I kid you not. LMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Brees is up with Deuce as the greatest Saints players. Likely will get his number retired here. That's all l care about. Oh and he brought us a sb.

And so it begins, I just heard on SportsCenter during the game highlights, "Drew Brees entered the game having an MVP type year. First in touchdowns. First in yards. First in completion percentage,"

My work here is done.

(Insert maniacal laughter here)

It is universally accepted that this is a QB driven league, and in this QB driven league, Drew Brees is the best of the best. Yeah, I know that we currently have a losing record but that would be squarely on the shoulders of the defense and special teams which are statistically in the bottom third of the league.

Drew Brees:

Passing Yards 3,587 - 1st
Completion percentage 71.5% - 1st
TDs 30 - 1st
QBR 109.1 - 3rd
Longest Pass 98 - 1st

What he is doing is incredible, amazing, and he needs to be AT LEAST in the discussion.

Today he was 28/36 for 310 yards, 78%, 4 passingTDs 1 rushing TD and 0 INTs.

Stats don't matter most of the time. He had better stats than previous MVPs. ( Aaron Rogers wins MVP , and Drew got FedEx OPY......bs)

Isn't the MVP decided by a bunch of journalist? It is to the player who is generating most buzz that season. Last year it was Scam Newton. This year Dak. He is a rookie doing well and he happens to play for the " Dallas Cowboys" so you know they are going to get airtime that the Cowgirls always get.

Close second would be Matt Ryan, but if it wasn't for Julio Jones, he would not be considered.

It also boils down to winning.

Oh that Eli picture never fails to entertain and brighten up one's day. Good times.

If we make the playoffs, Brees will be a popular candidate for MVP and get a bunch of press.

If we don't, he will get a lot of attention for Offensive Player of the Year

I think that's fair

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom