Drew Brees not done after this year, even if the Saints win Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just saw on NFL Network. Reggie Bush asked Brees if he'd retire if the the Saints win the Super Bowl this season. Brees quickly responded that there's almost no chance he'd retire after this season, no matter if we win another Super Bowl.

Awesome! It would be well worth it to win another SB. But to know we could have both a second SB win and more Drew.....terrific!

Wish I could rewind it and get an exact quote, but I was streaming it. I'm sure the video will pop up soon.

Imo he didn't seem so adamant about returning as you make it appear. He said he thinks he would return and he's taking it day by day. I hope he stays on for a long time, but he seems to not be 100 percent sure about it right now.

Imo he didn't seem so adamant about returning as you make it appear. He said he thinks he would return and he's taking it day by day. I hope he stays on for a long time, but he seems to not be 100 percent sure about it right now.
Not my impression at all. Seemed pretty clear to me that he plans on playing next season. We'll see how it plays out.

Win 4 in a row, and retire as the GOAT (undefeated in SB).

That’s what I envision. :worthy:

WhoDat!!!!!

:gosaints:
There is literally nothing sportswise (outside of 5, 6, 7 etc consecutive chips)that could make me happier. It would be the penultimate euphoric culmination of years of suffering turning into Nirvana.

“I do have aspirations to play longer than that.”

Great interview. How much you want to bet he started watching film on the Ravens as soon as the camera cut off?

I saw the interview. Do I want Drew Brees to retire...??? No.. But I can't but think if the Saints did indeed win the Super Bowl this season that he would at least think about it because going out on top is something every athlete wants to do.

Just saw on NFL Network. Reggie Bush asked Brees if he'd retire if the the Saints win the Super Bowl this season. Brees quickly responded that there's almost no chance he'd retire after this season, no matter if we win another Super Bowl.

I think this is your best post ever! :hihi:

:9:

Drew is so next game up focused.
It was a thoughtful answer.
I'd bet the house he plays even if they win the SB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom