Drew Brees on Madden 08 cover? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I sure hope not... because i do not care how many players say that they are not worried about the madden curse... it appears to be true

Alexander 07 broken foot
Mcnabb madden 06 chest hernia and now torn ACL... it is still haunting him
Vick 2004 broken leg
Ray Lewis 2005...claimed he would break the curse but he did not...missed some games

thats just the ones that i can remember off hand

all players on the madden cover all hurt on the same year that they were placed on the cover

I do not belive in curses... but i do not know about this one

If anyone from the saints gets the nod to be on the Madden cover should they turn it down?

MAN please don't do this to our QB, We just got a real QB!

Depends what the theme of the new game is e.g. Ray Lewis was the cover start for beware the D issue. I think they might try to do something with you taking over as a linebacker whilst on D and reversing the field so you look the QB in the eyes. If this were the case I think Shawn Merriman might be the cover star

please NO!

forget Brees on the cover of Madden 08. Do you want him to break his arm next time? Everyone who has been on that cover has been injured shortly thereafter. So no way!!! :cussing:

Uh, LT is going to break the the single season TD record. It'll be him. Even though they usually alternate and it's time for a QB.

This whole madden curse thing is stupid Eddie George and Ray Lewis had good years the year they were on. Unless the players team wins the Superbowl, You can always point to something that "goes wrong" during the course of the season.

A brief history about the cover of Madden Football:

2000: Madden himself was on the cover and on the background was Barry Sander who announced retirement right away.

2001: Eddie George who was hampered by injuries and never the same again.

2002: Daunte Culpepper suffered a knee injury and missed final five games.

2003: Marshall Faulk underperformed for a below 1000 yds rushing season because of an injured ankle. And the Rams missed a playoff with 7-9 record.

2004: Michael Vick who suffered a fractured right fibula and played only 5 games.

2005: Ray Lewis underperformed and hurted the last game of the season and tore a hamstring the next season.

2006: Donovan McNabb bothered by a hernia injury throughout the season.

2007: Shaun Alexander suffered a foot injury this year.

Personally, I don't believe this curse but the trend is very entertaining.

Depends what the theme of the new game is e.g. Ray Lewis was the cover start for beware the D issue. I think they might try to do something with you taking over as a linebacker whilst on D and reversing the field so you look the QB in the eyes. If this were the case I think Shawn Merriman might be the cover star

This could be Urlacher's year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom