Drew Brees on Madden 08 cover? (1 Viewer)

my madden 07 has drew brees on the cover already:a_smil09:

Noway they put Merriman on the cover after the Steriod thing. Right or wrong.

Depends what the theme of the new game is e.g. Ray Lewis was the cover start for beware the D issue. I think they might try to do something with you taking over as a linebacker whilst on D and reversing the field so you look the QB in the eyes. If this were the case I think Shawn Merriman might be the cover star

This is already done in Madden 07 if you are a superstar linebacker

This whole madden curse thing is stupid Eddie George and Ray Lewis had good years the year they were on. Unless the players team wins the Superbowl, You can always point to something that "goes wrong" during the course of the season.

Dude.....Eddie George had a TERRIBLE year. Simply terrible. Ray Lewis had one of his worst years as a pro since his rookie season.

I'm not sayin' the curse is real or not......but you are totally wrong on these instances.

Eddie George
Daunte Culpepper
Marshall Faulk
Mike Vick
Ray Lewis
Donovan McNabb
Stephen Alexander

You do the math. All these players appeared on the cover and that very year was horrible for them, or they missed a ton of games to injury.

Dude.....Eddie George had a TERRIBLE year. Simply terrible. Ray Lewis had one of his worst years as a pro since his rookie season.

Are you joking? Eddie George had his best single season of his career in 2000, rushing for 1,509 yards, catching 50 passes for 453 yards and scoring 16 total touchdown. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/GeorEd00.htm The alleged "curse" part came in the playoffs when he bobbled a pass, which was intercepted and return for a TD. Oooh. He's was so cursed.

And Ray Lewis "horrible" year was supposedly because he didn't get an interception all year, and missed one game due to injury. Well considering the fact that he plays MLB I'd hardly call interceptions a meaningful statistic. He had 6 the previous year, but maybe gets 2 or 3 a year. Big deal. Its like saying a QB has a bad year if he doesn't get any rushing touchdowns. Also he was among the leage leaders tackles with 147, made the Pro-Bowl and was 1st team All-Pro, I'd hardly call that a curse. You could take any one of his other years and claim that that was "cursed" too. His year in 2000 could have been a "curse" year. AFter all he only had 138 tackles, only one interception and no forced fumbles!

Bottom line is, unlesss a player is on a team that wins the Super Bowl, plays in every single game with no injuries, and has a All Pro yea rwhere they break all their career records in every single statistical category, you can always find some knock on their game. People get on the cover of Madden because they have outstanding "career" years. Well when you have a career year it is very difficult, almost impossible to top that the next year, because defenses key on you, offenses avoid you, etc., or you get injured. Well its the NFL and injuries happen.

read this it talks about the curse and what each player did the year they were put on the cover
Note:someone mentioned Eddie George which this states he in a way cost the titans the playoffs and every year after had problems,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_curse

I have my doubts about the curse but i whether true or not the odds of people on the cover are in favor of having a letdown or injury filled season the following year, so i would rather be safe then sorry I guess. If thy asked me i would tell them no.

read this it talks about the curse and what each player did the year they were put on the cover
Note:someone mentioned Eddie George which this states he in a way cost the titans the playoffs and every year after had problems,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_curse

I have my doubts about the curse but i whether true or not the odds of people on the cover are in favor of having a letdown or injury filled season the following year, so i would rather be safe then sorry I guess. If thy asked me i would tell them no.

OK who could they have put on the cover last year(NFL 2006) They almost always put a leading rusher or qb on, and here are the stats for 2004. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?year=2004 BTW Mcnabb was the one who made the cover.

Peyton Manning? Colts were ousted in 1st round of the playoffs. Must been the Madden curse.
Tom Brady? Pats ousted in divisional playoff. Must have been the Madden curse.
Culpepper? Injured, Vikings missed playoffs. Must have been the Madden curse.
Curtis Martin? Injured. Must have been the Madden curse.
Alexander? OK well I guess this would have been a good pick. Still, the Seahawks didn't win the Superbowl, did they? :ezbill:
Corey Dillon? See Brady.
Tiki Barber? Despite havng a good year, the Giansts got destroyed by Carolina 23-0 in the 1st round. Barber had only 13 rushes for 41 yards.
Edgerrin James? See Manning. Also having a horrible year for the Cards now.

I don't think it will be Brees or Manning or even Tom Brady. I hate bringing race into this but since they started putting players on the cover of Madden with the 2001 edition, I believe, there hasn't been one white player on the cover. As a matter of fact the last white guy to make the cover of Madden was John Madden himself.

I don't think it will be Brees or Manning or even Tom Brady. I hate bringing race into this but since they started putting players on the cover of Madden with the 2001 edition, I believe, there hasn't been one white player on the cover. As a matter of fact the last white guy to make the cover of Madden was John Madden himself.
I don't think race has anything to do with it. Heck, they never put a Samoan dude on it. :_rofl:

OK who could they have put on the cover last year(NFL 2006) They almost always put a leading rusher or qb on, and here are the stats for 2004. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?year=2004 BTW Mcnabb was the one who made the cover.

Peyton Manning? Colts were ousted in 1st round of the playoffs. Must been the Madden curse.
Tom Brady? Pats ousted in divisional playoff. Must have been the Madden curse.
Culpepper? Injured, Vikings missed playoffs. Must have been the Madden curse.
Curtis Martin? Injured. Must have been the Madden curse.
Alexander? OK well I guess this would have been a good pick. Still, the Seahawks didn't win the Superbowl, did they? :ezbill:
Corey Dillon? See Brady.
Tiki Barber? Despite havng a good year, the Giansts got destroyed by Carolina 23-0 in the 1st round. Barber had only 13 rushes for 41 yards.
Edgerrin James? See Manning. Also having a horrible year for the Cards now.

I don't know if your arguing with me or not but all i posted this for was so everyone could get the facts straight about what happened to the players on te cover. I personally don't really believe in curses and even at the end of the article i linked they show a counterargument much like the one i think you are giving.

My opinion is just that if i were brees and they asked me i would just take into account this is my life and my job and say no thanks, I wouldn't want to take the chance i was wrong about my belief of a coincidence or a curse, better safe then sorry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom