Drew Brees on the Dan Patrick Show (1 Viewer)

It's not like I expected he would be persona non grata (I knew the spectre of Brees would still be present), but I did NOT expect that he would be privy to the game plan. And I know that we can't implant Drew's brain into Jameis' body, but that JW (and also Taysom) apparently remain so open to Drew as mentor and/or sounding board to still let some of his brain seep into their minds bodes so well.
This is not uncommon with retired players and the teams that they spent the majority of their time with.

What a great interview

couple of thoughts: I still can’t wrap my head around why the Irish would want a Boilermaker calling their games. He played against them 3 times I think

When he was talking about Ida and he said “The New Orleans Saints are in Dallas” it hit me with a lot of gravity how weird it was that he wasn’t saying “we are in Dallas”. Odd when those moments hit you.

A few thoughts:

- The LSU white helmet is so badass.

- I like that Drew's pic is pre-follicle enhancement. I honestly think he looks better in that pic. Maybe it's just because that's how I'm used to seeing him, but I'm not a fan of the new cover.

- I thought DP asked some great questions...even the Tom Brady question. Yeah, it wasn't necessarily fair, but we've all thought it before. I thought Drew answered it perfectly; although, I would expect nothing less from him.

- You can tell that Drew still holds a chip for the colleges that didn't recruit him, even ND.

- I love that he still wants in all his heart to say 'we' when talking about the Saints.

This is why I'm surprised Brees didn't go into coaching. Seems like he would make such a good coach but I guess he could still do that after calling games for awhile.
I don’t think I could handle him on another team’s sideline, even if it was just coaching.

Here's a snippet from the show:

Here are the entire 14 minutes:

Thank you! I'm working a couple of jobs right now to make ends meet and don't really have the time to try and find Saints related video. So when you and others post that stuff it is really appreciated.

I don't say thanks often enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom