drew brees on the wildcat (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Would you want to run it?

“If it helps us win, then I’m all for it.”

Have you caught a pass in your career?

“I have. I’ve caught a couple in college and in the NFL. For touchdowns.”

http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=239409&Itemid=578

caught a TD pass for the chargers in 2003 for 21 yards from Tomlinson (wonder if we'll run something similar)

i've never seen that play but i'd love too

Nooooo!! I can just see DB's licking their chops at a chance at taking a cheap shot at Brees!

I am wholeheartedly against trickery anyway.

Great blurb on the O-line and how they hang out and work together outside of the facility too, very cool of them and makes me even prouder to cheer for them each week, great QB, great Team, we are going to indeed do things no one has ever done before.

thanks for sharing!

Nooooo!! I can just see DB's licking their chops at a chance at taking a cheap shot at Brees!

I am wholeheartedly against trickery anyway.

People get a little too worked up about the potential for "cheap shots." DBs know that garbage costs them money and if it's egregious enough, playing time, which costs them even more money.

I like gadget plays but they always seem to backfire for us lol .... Wildcat is not trickery though... I'm one that believes in it to a degree and I think only the dolphins do it right

So no play action passes for you, then...

I was about to post this. :hihi:

Also, the Dolphins don't just "do it right" because of some special secret they have. It's very simple: Miami has a great offensive line built for running the ball and two great RBs.

I was about to post this. :hihi:

Also, the Dolphins don't just "do it right" because of some special secret they have. It's very simple: Miami has a great offensive line built for running the ball and two great RBs.

This ^ plus they have a very bright RB who has proven he can make the decision on the fly whether to run or pass.

I know Brees caught a pass from himself in either 2006 or 2007. Does that count?

I like gadget plays but they always seem to backfire for us lol .... Wildcat is not trickery though... I'm one that believes in it to a degree and I think only the dolphins do it right

We have to get over the Wildcat being a "gadget." It is a legitimate formation, not a gadget. And it's not "new", either.

Miami uses it 20-25% of the time (on average), although they have not used it very much with Pat White. This might be the game that they start making more use of Pat White, however. Parcells drafted him for a reason.

I want to see Brees throw a pass, have it deflected at the line, then catch it and run it in for a TD. He'd throw a TD pass to himself. IIRC Brad Johnson is the only QB that's ever done this.

He almost caught his own pass in the Giants game when one was deflected at the line.

We will never put Brees in harm's way with him catching a pass.

The entire SaintsNation will have a heart attack watching that play unfold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom