Drew Brees on WWL Radio: Don’t sleep on “weak” schedule (1 Viewer)

Well, it depends on if you are talking about strength of schedule based on last year’s teams or how your opponents look now. For example, people like to point out the Falcons have the “easiest” schedule based on last year’s records. But they face the Jets, who look a lot better now than they did last year, and we don’t.
Oh, no you didn't!

I never put much weight on strength of schedule because it doesn’t factor in a lot of things like injuries, suspensions trades, etc.
Not to mention that last year win percentages mean nothing when most teams will fielding a significant number of new players and schemes. Who really knows whether our opponents will be improved or not? :shrug:

We had a very weak schedule coming off that 3-13 disaster in ‘05. Got a 1st round bye and made it to the NFCCG the following season with a 10-6 record.

If you don’t think a weak schedule matters… think again! 🤔

:gosaints:

We had a very weak schedule coming off that 3-13 disaster in ‘05. Got a 1st round bye and made it to the NFCCG the following season with a 10-6 record.

If you don’t think a weak schedule matters… think again! 🤔

:gosaints:
We had Payton, Brees and Bush in '06. It's the talent level more than the opponents, by a lot.

I’m sure it’s really reductionist, but i often look at the quality of the opposing QB and his experience in their system, as a key indicator of opponent strength. And if they have a really good to elite D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom