Drew Brees Press Conference with N.O. media, 10/14/09 (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees Talks About Saints vs Giants Matchup
NewOrleansSaints.com
Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Q: Do you agree with Coach Payton’s assertion that the protection scheme will be very important in this game?

A: Yes, they have a very good front four, as good as there is in the league, especially when you get into pass rush downs and they bring Mathias Kiwanuka and the gang. We need to make sure we have a plan for it and we do. They can change a game when you look at the number of sacks and forced fumbles they have. They’re a great group that really gets after you.

Q: Do they bring a lot less pressure from their back seven than the Jets did?

A: Yes. You’re going from the extreme being the Jets pressuring 70 percent of the time to a team that’s a little bit more traditional but still has all that stuff in their package and it’s just one of those things where if you look at the statistics they don’t bring as much but you have to be ready for it.

Q: Do you look at the game in a context of tiebreakers or do you just play it like a game?

A: It’s already a big game. The fact that it’s two undefeated and a very good opponent. The Giants have been a playoff contender here for the last three or four years in a row. I think we all expect to be in the playoffs and I guess certainly there would be those implications, but let’s just take it one game at a time and not take it too far ahead. It’s only the fifth game of the season for us, the sixth for them. It’s not like this is the week 12, 13 or 14 where you could very much see that on the horizon.

Q: Has the thought crossed your mind?

A: It’s crossed my mind, but it doesn’t change things. It doesn’t mean I’m going to play a little extra harder. The fact is we’re all going to be giving it our best because we want to win.

Q: Do the Giants have a built in advantage because they’ve played in so many of these big games for the last several years?

A: The more you play in big games whether it’s prime time games television wise or tough opponents. They play in a very tough division where every game is a big game. It’s been that way for a long time. That’s not to discount our division or anyone else. I just think when you think about the NFC East and talk about Dallas and Philadelphia and the Giants and Washington especially as of late, within the last four years, all of those teams have been in the playoffs, gone pretty far in the playoffs and they have a Super Bowl as well, so you could argue that that’s one of the better divisions in football and they’re used to playing in those types of games. I’m sure it’s something they talk about and it helps them, not to take anything away from us. We’ve played in big games over the last four years and they’re only going to get bigger.

Q: Has Jeremy Shockey lobbied for the ball more?

A: He always lobbies for the ball.
More...
http://neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2009/10/Brees Talks About Saints vs Giants Matchup.aspx

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom