Drew Brees quote on Mike and Mike coming up... (1 Viewer)

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
...Greeny just said something to the effect of "I've got the quote right here, wait til you hear what Brees said about the Jets defense..."

The media is starting with the drama because I've never known Brees to say anything controversial, but we'll see...

Just a heads up...

OP
saintsinNO

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
basically saying they have a pressure D and if he can get the ball to one of our guys in man coverage and they make one guy miss then they should be off to the races. Not much, just an accurate statement....

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
If the Jets man up and try to bring heat then it will be a long day in the dome.

Ask the Packers how well that works, and they had the best secondary in the league to try and man up with.

OP
saintsinNO

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I honestly see a big day from Bush (hopefully) because with the amount they blitz and play man the delayed handoff and the swing pass are going to be huge and he could turn them into big plays...

superlaser

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Of course, Schlereth basically said the Jets defense is SO perfect that every throw must be 100% perfect. He thinks all of a sudden Drew Brees will be unable to place the ball into tight windows in coverage and that our recievers will drop tons of passes.

67Bndwagnfan

ID vs Ego
Reaction score
that was NOT Drew Brees comment. That was an excuse to kiss the BUTTS of the Jets defense and Rex Ryan for 8 and 1/2 minutes. I can't wait until next Monday to watch all of the suck ups eat crow!!!!!!

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Stink and Greeny love them some Rex.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Greenie is a self professed Jets homer. ( Mets too I think )

Yeah I know.

It used to crack me up when they played "I will always love you" on that show when Greeny would bring up Chad Pennington.

JBL5023

Reaction score
Of course, Schlereth basically said the Jets defense is SO perfect that every throw must be 100% perfect. He thinks all of a sudden Drew Brees will be unable to place the ball into tight windows in coverage and that our recievers will drop tons of passes.

I don't think he said that Drew would be unable to do it. He just said it would be necessary for the Saints to overcome the Jets D

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly see a big day from Bush (hopefully) because with the amount they blitz and play man the delayed handoff and the swing pass are going to be huge and he could turn them into big plays...

I'm betting they appoint a spy for Bush just for that reason. Of course that will take away a safety or LB from coverage and one less blitz-er to worry about.:scratch:

Nah 2019

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
I'm betting that we have 100 yards rushing by half. They aren't going to let Drew sit back and throw and Payton has a new toy in his running game. We'll just slice em up on the ground until they soften up. Expect a 50+ yard bomb to Devery. Probably on the first play of a drive.

98greenGT

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
“Any time you play man coverage, you’re relying on your guys to lock the [receivers] down,” Brees said. “But if you get the ball to one of your guys and then you make one guy miss, potentially he’ll be off to the races. I like the plays that our guys are able to make, and I’m hoping we can get in some of those situations where I can get it in their hands and make a guy miss.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/brees_bring_on_the_blitz_CQWErxjzoVlVP5UFALlpOI

Good find 98.

All this talk about Brees talking about the Jets defense is actually not completely true. He's talking about ANY defense that plays man coverage. He's making a general statement about the opportunities that are available when you play that scheme.

O MAN

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rex Ryan and the Jets will leave NO with a new respect for the Saints.
35-14 Saints

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Greeny also called Mangini "Man Genius" until he was fired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom