Drew Brees quote on Mike and Mike coming up... (1 Viewer)

Greeny also called Mangini "Man Genius" until he was fired.

If the Jets man up and try to bring heat then it will be a long day in the dome.

Ask the Packers how well that works, and they had the best secondary in the league to try and man up with.

idk it worked well for the bills this year, granted the bills have 2 of the better corners in the league......but they were pretty successful at shutting down our passing attack

The way the media is hyping up this defense we might as well just give them the W.:idunno:

Well crap, I guess if the Jets do somehow beat us, they're going 16-0 with that super duper defense!

idk it worked well for the bills this year, granted the bills have 2 of the better corners in the league......but they were pretty successful at shutting down our passing attack

The Bills weren't manning up most of the game. They were playing a lot of shell coverage which is why were able to run the ball so well (and they also had their DEs playing the upfield pass rush which in turn expanded the running lanes).

That said, on PT's first TD (34-yarder) there were 9 in the box. But we were in a "big" set. In short, the Bills did not provide a blueprint of how to man-up against the Saints WRs.

The Bills blitzed 4% of the time and almost all their pressure was brought on by the front 4.

They also play a Tampa 2 scheme where they don't attempt to man up much and were playing a Cover 2 deep with shallow zones most of the game.

The Jets are the polar opposite. They bring extra guys and attempt to man up in the secondary.

The Bills weren't manning up most of the game. They were playing a lot of shell coverage which is why were able to run the ball so well (and they also had their DEs playing the upfield pass rush which in turn expanded the running lanes).

That said, on PT's first TD (34-yarder) there were 9 in the box. But we were in a "big" set. In short, the Bills did not provide a blueprint of how to man-up against the Saints WRs.
:plus-un2::plus-un2:

i know the stats say we could run the ball, but we really were unsuccessful at moving the ball up and down the field whether it was running the ball or passing....the bills shut us down on offense except for the first drive and late in the game

All they talked about was how many times the Jets defense will blitz. Really didnt talk too much about the Saints except for how many points they put up in the first 3 games. Waste of time for me when I can be listeing to DMB.

The Bills blitzed 4% of the time and almost all their pressure was brought on by the front 4.

They also play a Tampa 2 scheme where they don't attempt to man up much and were playing a Cover 2 deep with shallow zones most of the game.

The Jets are the polar opposite. They bring extra guys and attempt to man up in the secondary.

At least a two deep zone all the time. I'm actually pretty sure a large portion of this particular game, Buffalo was running 3 deep. They were absolutely intent on not allowing Brees to eat up yardage in chunks over the top.

The Bills went to a nickel defense and did not leave their DBs in one on one coverage much. They ran a lot of 3-deep and didn't actually blitz much.

The supposed Jets gameplan (we really don't know what they're going to do yet, but assuming they do bring the blitz...) does not resemble the Bills gameplan.

So the fact that the Bills were able to shut down the passing attack (in a windy stadium) using a non-blitzing, non 1-on-1 coverage nickel defense doesn't necessarily mean much about how the Jets (probable) blitzing 3-4 that relies on at least some 1-on-1 coverage will do at the same thing.

Greeny also called Mangini "Man Genius" until he was fired.

Greeny is a self-confessed homer. Reminds me of Buddy D, who was also a self-confessed homer, with one notable and important exception.

Buddy D was very critical of the Saints for poor play. He was not above criticizing them when they needed it, and berating a player or coach for their performance. He loved the Saints, but saw the flaws.

Greenie loves the Jets, but does not criticize them anywhere close to how Buddy D. did.

Buddy D had mush-mouth. Bobby Hebert has "mush-mouth". But there is a world of difference. I miss Buddy.

everyone keeps talking about the jets defense stopping our offense. is it possible that our defense will stop their offense. we seemed to pretty much shut down all three teams we have played so far except for junk yards late in games. will this be the game that the defense get some credit?

i know the stats say we could run the ball, but we really were unsuccessful at moving the ball up and down the field whether it was running the ball or passing....the bills shut us down on offense except for the first drive and late in the game

Well, that wasn't the point I was making (I was referring to the suggestion that the Bills played man coverage against us)... and I didn't dispute that their defense played us well for 3 quarters.

However, they didn't shut us down. We won the field position battle and moved the ball. What they did right is they kept us from scoring TDs on every drive betw. our 1st drive and Pierre's first TD. So... I wasn't arguing against you by way of statistical evidence.

The Jets will not follow the Bills blueprint because it does not play to their strengths. They are a pressure team with good man-to-man corners. If they do try to play us like the Bills did, well... I wouldn't really understand why a team would get away from what it does well. In the Saints case, we've been running the ball well every game so it wasn't a departure in identity (only in perception because people think "Saints = Brees = passing"). So really... the Bills game is irrelevant to the Jets, if you wana get right down to it. That's the argument that I'm making, not that the Bills didn't play us well for 3 quarters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom