Drew Brees' Replacement (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys, Happy Friday!!! I just wanted to get the opinion of people on the forum, when do you think we should start looking for DB's replacement? I think within the next year or two would be great so the player can learn to behind DB. I don't think there is a better prepared QB (every Sunday) than he is. If you do it right (like DB does), being a top notch QB is a HUGE job. It will be interesting to see how SP picks the next QB. It's an interesting topic nonetheless, at least to me. Have a great weekend guys!

This topic has been discussed in the past, but I'll entertain you ;)

So long as Brees' is under contract, there is NO reason to even start to think about his replacement. He's got a good 5-7 years left in him, so I'd say we start looking when he has 1-2 years left on his contract. So...we're in absolutely no hurry to even think about it at this stage.

Haha ok, I guess it makes sense because he keeps himself in such great shape. He will last a good while longer.

He's got 4 more years left on contract and he'll play at least 2-3 of them. Honestly, not sure if we try to groom a guy in two years, or wait till he retires, tank a year, then draft a QB.

Also depends on what sort of talent falls to our lab when we draft. Or we could find a Russel Wilson in the 3rd round.. you never know.

The thing about Brees is he doesn't rely on athletic ability or a "big" arm.

I think he plays 7 more years after a contract extension in 2014 or 2015 similar to Brady's.

Do you guys think Barkley will make a great nfl QB? How about Manziel? Just throwing some names out there for discussion. Any other ideas/discussions are welcome, as always!

Also do you all think Manziel will enter the draft next year? I think the longer he stays at Texas A&M, the better our chances of getting him are.

I hope he plays 7 more years, but to be honest I just don't see him playing that long. Although I hope you guys are right!

Why not? I don't see any decline, he threw 43 TDs and had over 5000 yards passing last year. The INTs were mostly forced passes or drops, not many bad throws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom