Drew Brees Rumor Up Here in Mpls - He's not the same (2 Viewers)

VikesFan2017

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don't kill the messenger on this one, but just wanted to inquire and share if anyone heard this rumor.

Up here a couple of our radio heads are not picking the Saints to win the division because they had heard an inside scoop that Brees was hit bad in the last Atlanta game, and after watching him, he hasn't been the same, and they don't think he will be the same.

I don't know the hit, but looking at his game logs, he still had some good games including against Pittsburgh.

Has this rumor been flushed out already?
Anyone else hear it?

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don't kill the messenger on this one, but just wanted to inquire and share if anyone heard this rumor.

Up here a couple of our radio heads are not picking the Saints to win the division because they had heard an inside scoop that Brees was hit bad in the last Atlanta game, and after watching him, he hasn't been the same, and they don't think he will be the same.

I don't know the hit, but looking at his game logs, he still had some good games including against Pittsburgh.

Anyone else hear it?
:ugly9:

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. Just speculation. Drew has more average games at his age, but oline injuries has been the main issue. Especially, on his blind side..

Drew in prime made a lot of LT better than what they are, because of his elite pocket prescence and footwork. He can't work a pocket like a prime Brees. He needs his blindside covered.

Reaction score
That still goes around. Not sure how true it was. There are a few different theories. Some talk about pitch count. Most lean to issues with receivers and the o-line at that time. Maybe even just regression to the mean.

Regardless it isn't something that is still bothering him (or the team). All accounts are that he looks like normal elite Brees through the offseason.

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Anyone else hear it?
Just take care of the failconns & we will do the rest. By the way, it doesn't look like your guys will have a hard time this season.

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score

Anyone else hear it?
You will see loud and clear Monday night

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Anyone else hear it?
He just played in a preseason game a few days ago where he did look the same.

So whats the use of this?

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yea I really can’t imagine where that’s coming from. He absolutely shredded the Falcons in the second matchup last season. And the clowns didn’t even sack him once IIRC. I think that was the game where he had 4 passing touchdowns to 4 different UDFAs

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Anyone else hear it?
This sounds like wishful thinking by Vikes fans.

Look, Brees is 40 and in relatively uncharted territory. He could fall off at any time. Or not.

It does look like on the deepest throws he's lost some velocity. But he is still insanely accurate and efficient.

As far as last year, hard to tell what exactly went on. The OL was banged up and Brees was getting more pressure late in the season. Plus, after Michael Thomas he had no experienced or top tier WR talent to throw too, and lacked a real threat at the TE position. So, it wasn't all about Brees.

I doubt there is anything to your rumor but since so few QBs have made it to the age of 40 playing at the level Brees is still playing I don't know how to predict when he will hit a wall. Might it be this year? Maybe, maybe not. But if he does it didn't have anything to do with the Falcons...it was just Father Time.

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Anyone else hear it?
I heard a rumor that Brees isn't the same as last year as well. He's looking to throw an 80% completion rate & an 8-1 TD/Int. ratio with his new tight end on board.

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I heard some guys talking on the radio about how Kirk Cousins chokes in big games. However, I don't know much about the guy. Last time I watched him play was in the Dome when he played for the Redskins and he let the Saints come back and beat his team at the end. It broke the heart of some Skins fans sitting close to me. Pretty sad scene for them. Y'all should have kept that Keenum guy who was capable of beating the Saints in the last seconds of a game.

What's the word in Minny? Should y'all have kept Keenum?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom