Drew Brees Rumor Up Here in Mpls - He's not the same (2 Viewers)

The "Brees is in decline" rumor has been flying its flag for the last 5 seasons or so right along with the "Sean Payton is going to Dallas" garbage.
The rumor of Drew being in decline the last 5 year's is quite funny. It is far better than what Cousins has produced in his prime. Any QB who has played or ever will play would be thrilled with those numbers. They are better than what any QB has ever produced and will get you to the Hall of Fame.

Why do you guys and girls listen to this stuff and give it any credibility? I’m really not trying to be critical. Forgive me if it comes across that way.

For many, many years I listened to all the shows and took the bait. I get it. I had to consume as much media info about my team as I could.

Today I just don’t really care what they have to say, good or bad. I watch the games and form my own opinion.

The media knuckleheads are competing for listeners/internet clicks, etc. They say whatever it takes to achieve that. Do yourself a favor and ignore them.

Last edited:
I heard some guys talking on the radio about how Kirk Cousins chokes in big games. However, I don't know much about the guy. Last time I watched him play was in the Dome when he played for the Redskins and he let the Saints come back and beat his team at the end. It broke the heart of some Skins fans sitting close to me. Pretty sad scene for them. Y'all should have kept that Keenum guy who was capable of beating the Saints in the last seconds of a game.

What's the word in Minny? Should y'all have kept Keenum?
I am a transplant from NOLA up here in Lino Lakes, MN.... This, this, this!!! I can't tell you how many times I've said this to friends of mine that are Vikings fans.... If they would have kept Keenum, it's absolutely certain that there fortunes would be way different( he balled out in that season he played with them and the players rallied around him!!!!).. Kirk Cousins is a me first player that is way overrated(and chokes in big games:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).. Trust me when I say, the locals are extremely jealous and bitter about that playoff loss in '10.. Butthurt would be the proper expression.. They hate Sean Payton with extreme fervor:cool:(y)... They are extremely jealous that we have Brees;):100:.. Whodat for life!!!

Don't kill the messenger on this one, but just wanted to inquire and share if anyone heard this rumor.

Up here a couple of our radio heads are not picking the Saints to win the division because they had heard an inside scoop that Brees was hit bad in the last Atlanta game, and after watching him, he hasn't been the same, and they don't think he will be the same.

I don't know the hit, but looking at his game logs, he still had some good games including against Pittsburgh.

Has this rumor been flushed out already?
Anyone else hear it?
What I heard was that in the second Falcons game Drew sustained an injury while making a tackle on an interception that was similar to the torn oblique he had some years back... a soft tissue injury that affected his ability to really put torque on it or throw very deep. That, along with the injuries to the offensive line and no reliable WR other than MT, resulted in both Drew and the offense looking "off" for the remainder of the season. The nature of the injury was not made public, nor used as an excuse, but it has long since healed and may have been healed by the time playoffs started. Like the tear in the oblique, it didn't "leak out" until the off-season.

QB's might fall off a cliff from one year to the next, but you don't see that "cliff" occur all at once at the end of November after dominating every prior game. That's a pretty good indication of an injury, and being that he was still like 75% vintage Drew, that indicates a soft tissue injury and not something structural. The next game was the Cowboys game, and the offense took a nosedive starting there.

You will see Monday that Drew has healed and you radio guys took a shred of truth and ran with it.

That is the dumbest rumor I've ever heard. He's been throwing lasers all through camp and in his one preseason drive. Sounds like desperate jealousy to me since y'all paid Cousins a fully guaranteed $85MM or whatever and he isn't half the QB Drew is.

Sorry, you earned the clown faces just for even posting that trash here.

Behind that Minnesota Nice exterior I am sure those radio hosts are still mad about the 09 playoffs and are looking for any reason for the Saints to fail this year.

0520feee73cc60f6128e44641b84051b.png

Bress was heated in that interview

I am a transplant from NOLA up here in Lino Lakes, MN.... This, this, this!!! I can't tell you how many times I've said this to friends of mine that are Vikings fans.... If they would have kept Keenum, it's absolutely certain that there fortunes would be way different( he balled out in that season he played with them and the players rallied around him!!!!).. Kirk Cousins is a me first player that is way overrated(and chokes in big games:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).. Trust me when I say, the locals are extremely jealous and bitter about that playoff loss in '10.. Butthurt would be the proper expression.. They hate Sean Payton with extreme fervor:cool:(y)... They are extremely jealous that we have Brees;):100:.. Whodat for life!!!
Pity you big chief. it must be hard to get good food up there. And the cold.?
Get back home & git you some gumbo & etouffe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom