Drew Brees Rumor Up Here in Mpls - He's not the same (2 Viewers)

Personally, I thought he got the shoulder banged up late last year...took a couple of bad sacks...or hits..
and I saw him shaking that shoulder, which, I saw him do that year in Chicago for the championship game,
when it was so freakin cold...Look, I am not saying he is done...just telling what I see...
Last night, the pass of 20 yards or so to Ginn, Ginn had to slow down and wait on it, it was underthrown.
I saw another pass that would have been a longer gain if he had tossed it two more yards...
But, you know, you can't see that the defense is doing to him a lot of times when a pass is not perfect...so..
who knows...my gut feeling, he didn't seem like the same Drew last night...but, he played like a champion, because
he is one....I don't think we will really know for a while where he is at physically...I wish him and the team all the best...
They deserve a ring this year....it is time..

That’s how Brees always throws that ball. Him slightly underthrowing his receivers is how he does it. Maybe it was Dan a couple years ago talking about it. Throwing the deep ball is an art, there’s more to it than just winging it as far as you can. If a deep ball is overthrown, it goes to where the CB has a chance to pick it. Hitting the War in stride is wonderful, but relies on a guy being in exact place at exact time. But, by slightly underthrowing the pass it allows the receiver to push up the field, then slow and get to his position keeping the CB away from the pass. This allows the WR an easy catch, that pass damn near fell into Ginn’s Hands, and it keeps the CB away from the ball because he’s usually recovering from reacting at full speed. Now sure you don’t get the RAC all the time, but the play is higher percentage that way, and you still have a huge gain.

Personally, I thought he got the shoulder banged up late last year...took a couple of bad sacks...or hits..
and I saw him shaking that shoulder, which, I saw him do that year in Chicago for the championship game,
when it was so freakin cold...Look, I am not saying he is done...just telling what I see...
Last night, the pass of 20 yards or so to Ginn, Ginn had to slow down and wait on it, it was underthrown.
I saw another pass that would have been a longer gain if he had tossed it two more yards...
But, you know, you can't see that the defense is doing to him a lot of times when a pass is not perfect...so..
who knows...my gut feeling, he didn't seem like the same Drew last night...but, he played like a champion, because
he is one....I don't think we will really know for a while where he is at physically...I wish him and the team all the best...
Nitpicking every throw is still a thing, I see. Forget that he literally won the game in half a minute from the 25. Forget that he threw for 370 last night. There was 2 passes that weren't perfect!

He threw a ~50 yard dart off his back foot to Ginn on his most pressure-packed snap of the night.

I think he’s okay.

brees is 40, 41 if we make playoffs. his arm strength is going down with age. he's no the same QB he was in 2011 when he was unstoppable for all of those games. luckily, the way the team is built now, he doesn't have to be.

Mpls...must suck to be a troll for an historically irrelevant team, in an historically irrelevant part of the country, and not even know how to spell your own city.

This coming from people who thought Kirk Cousins was the answer........ BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I see Florio has a post about Brees arm strength, and now I've connect the dots.

Florio and Paul Allen, (or obnoxious Viking Radio Guy) did (or still do) a podcast together. This is no doubt where Allen must have heard it from, and now Florio is tossing it out there.

Arm strength or not, Brees is still a top QB.

Thank goodness the sporting media has resolved this arm strength issue. Thought I was going to have to trust my own eyes.

Now, on to Mahomes' ankle strength...

I see Florio has a post about Brees arm strength, and now I've connect the dots.

Florio and Paul Allen, (or obnoxious Viking Radio Guy) did (or still do) a podcast together. This is no doubt where Allen must have heard it from, and now Florio is tossing it out there.

Arm strength or not, Brees is still a top QB.

That could be. I’d encourage you to read the thread about his arm strength.

In short, Florio’s example citing the decline wasn’t a good one. Brees saw Ginn break free, faced pressure, and threw it as quickly as he could flat-footed to get it to him.

He didn’t step into the throw and still threw an absolute dart 45 yards right where it needed to be in a pressure-filled spot.

Hey, Vikes!

This is just my opinion as I am no expert, tho I did stay at a medium priced motel in New Orleans a few weeks ago to go to training camp:

As long as that pinpoint accuracy continues unabated I'm not worried if his "arm strength" has waned from 50 yard bombs to 40 yards (re Monday night). I much prefer my QB to pick apart a defense with surgical precision over one trying to stab it with a blunt object and hope for the best. He's still threading the needle and sewing up victories. Having an o'line keeping him upright and a running game keeping defenses honest just adds to the continuation of Drew being Drew. But as long as such rumors continue the Saints will hopefully be underestimated, even just a tad, giving our guys a bit more of an edge over other teams.

So, IMO, there's no worries about our QB. Or our kicker! (Gotta give Lutz his props!) However, there are other areas of the team that need, um, a tune-up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom