Drew Brees said Monday that he plans to play out the final year of his contract with the New Orleans Saints in 2017 (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

Drew Brees said Monday that he plans to play out the final year of his contract with the New Orleans Saints in 2017.

The 37-year-old quarterback said he'll then consider his future one year at a time in order to put forth his "absolute best effort" toward winning the NFC South and a second Super Bowl title with New Orleans.

"Listen, so I signed a one-year extension, so that was this year and then next year," Brees said. "And so I plan on playing that out and just allowing things to take form and take shape here for next year and putting forth my absolute best effort to help us win a division championship and then a world championship.

"And then, again, just one year at a time, and that's not a lack of commitment or anything like that. It's just, I just want to focus on what's right in front of me."

Brees spent much of last offseason discussing his contract before agreeing to an extension in September that prevented him from becoming a free agent until after the 2017 season.

By Josh Katzenstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Full Story - NOLA.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom