Drew Brees says 'nobody believes anything' the NFL says these days (1 Viewer)

BlackandGoldXLIV

Lurkules (since 2001)
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
(Didn't see this posted anywhere)

"They're certainly in a position where nobody believes anything that comes out of the league office right now as it pertains to really much of anything. You always feel like there's an agenda at play and nobody's ever telling you the truth. So, I think that's the real issue here, the lack of trust."

Drew Brees says 'nobody believes anything' the NFL says these days - CBSSports.com

Be careful what you say, Drew. I heard one guy got suspended for saying "Pay me my money".

Rodger Goodell just called the Head Refs and told them to keep sticking it to the Saints on Sunday's.

I love my quarterback :hihi:

And agreed that there's been more smoke than ever before under this commish about shenanigans with officiating, favorites played with discipline, inconsistent player discipline, out-and-out incompetence from the league, etc. Yes, the office will be forever a pawn of the owners but I still can't wait for someone other than GODdell to be in the job.

It is a shame, honestly. Drew Brees is a stand up, class act! The whole Bounty Gate b.s. stalled a portion of his career. I don't blame him for putting the league on blast.

Who knows? Maybe if Payton wasn't suspended in 2012 we would've had another shot at a title. Remember, how we looked phenomenal in 2011 and lost on a last second TD catch in Frisco.

Wow, the more I think about it, those years were very tumultuous for our franchise. I still can't believe we lost to the Niners... :jpshakehead:

I love my quarterback :hihi:

And agreed that there's been more smoke than ever before under this commish about shenanigans with officiating, favorites played with discipline, inconsistent player discipline, out-and-out incompetence from the league, etc. Yes, the office will be forever a pawn of the owners but I still can't wait for someone other than GODdell to be in the job.

I don't think we'll have to wait too long. His contract runs out in 2018 and the current CBA expires in 2020. I don't think the NFL will be able to renegotiate with him as it's face. While Goodell and some owners might not see it that way, there are probably more than a few that feel they will need to move from him as at that point he'll be an even worse liability. He'll move on to "new challenges" like drowning puppies, clubbing baby seals, and (my hope) trying to colonize Mars while the NFL and major sports media herald him as a great commissioner while glossing over his crappy record.

Props to Drew for saying what everyone else is thinking.

In addition to Bountygate, I think Drew is still smarting over being "Listen, son"-ed by Jerry Richardson during the lockout negotiations. It's often said that Goodell takes the flack for the owners, who are by and large the real villains of the enterprise, and with rare exceptions, I would agree.

From hardcore to casual fans, we watch because of the players, not the owners, but most owners want to feel as important rather than just reaping the rewards of increased revenue and absurd appreciation in value of the teams they own.

I love our Saints more than anything in sports, but the NFL as an institution is truly a loathsome trainwreck. It's reckoning will come one day, unless a change in leadership puts it on a different path.

Everybody who's a fan of a team that's never been railroaded by the NFL believes what they say

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom