Drew Brees says when he decided to come back for 2020 season is when he knew he'd retire (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1620338615279.png

By Sam Marsdale | 247 Sports

Speculation surrounding Drew Brees possibly retiring from the NFL brewed throughout the 2020 season. The New Orleans Saints legend officially decided to retire on March 14, just over two months after a report before the team’s regular season finale surfaced that the campaign would be his last.

Brees’ wife revealed the injuries her husband played through this past season shortly after the Saints’ season ended with a Divisional Round playoff loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Brees missed four games during the 2020 season with a rib injury. In a recent interview with PFT PM, Brees addressed the speculation from a couple of months ago about a possible return, which was caused by a video of him working out by pushing a sled. He told host Mike Florio that the moment he decided to return in 2020, he knew the year would be his last, going on to say that after the 2017 season that it was a “year-to-year” decision for him whether to retire or keep playing.

“I was retiring,” Brees said, via ProFootballTalk. “It just kind of goes to show you. All the — you’re referring to the workout video — I didn’t say a word, right? There’s no audio or anything of me in any of that. It’s just merely me pushing a sled. Isn’t it amazing what can be interpreted from something just so simple, right? It didn’t even involve me saying a word.”

While Brees said he knew the workout video would cause speculation of a possible return, he said he always knew this year would be his last.

Full Story - 247 Sports

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom