Drew Brees sees potential in Jameis Winston as the future of the Saints: 'He’s a tremendous talent' (1 Viewer)

• Admin
GettyImages-1294340332.jpg

(Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images)

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

Brees also spoke to Fox News about Tom Brady, and just how long he believes the veteran quarterback can continue playing in the league

When Drew Brees retired from the NFL last year after 20 seasons with the New Orleans Saints, he left in his place a serious cause for concern. Who would fill the position that he dominated so well for the years to come?

The Saints had signed Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston in 2020, a year after he threw an astounding 30 interceptions. Having played just four games behind Brees and leading the Saints to a 3-2 record this season, it remains to be seen if Winston can become the future of the franchise.

Brees told Fox News in an interview on Tuesday that "only time will tell" but he certainly sees promise in Winston’s abilities as quarterback.

"I know this, I loved being with him last year. He is an extremely hard worker. He’s a guy that loves football and I think he’s a guy that has a ton of upside. He’s a tremendous talent and I can tell you this: He’s gonna work at it." ...

Full Story - Fox

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom