Article Drew Brees, Sergio Garcia Challenge Winners of Capital One's The Match (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1590376951734.png

By Timothy Rapp | Bleacher Report

A set of challengers has emerged to take on the winners of Capital One’s "The Match: Champions for Charity" on Sunday.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and PGA star Sergio Garcia said they want a shot at the winning pair on Twitter, with Brees going so far as to jokingly call it the semifinal:

Full Story - Bleacher Report

I would love for this to happen. It was so much fun to watch Tiger Woods & Peyton Manning take on Phil Mickelsen & Tom Brady today. Tiger and Peyton won in a close match.

Last edited:

WhoDat!5

Amiable Saints Fan aka bbourque5
Reaction score
Wow that's surprising. Garcia has very little sportsmanship on the golf course, and that's a pretty generous assessment of his character. He is easily my least likable golfer on the tour.

Last edited:
OP
Dan in Lafayette

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow that's surprising. Garcia has very little sportsmanship on the golf course, and that's a pretty generous assessment of his character. He is easily my least likable golfer on the tour.
Well, Sergio is Drew's cousin-in-law. He is married to Drew's first cousin and now lives in TX. I'll cut him some slack for that, but mostly I agree with you. He can be a real prick at times on the golf course.

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, Sergio is Drew's cousin-in-law. He is married to Drew's first cousin and now lives in TX. I'll cut him some slack for that, but mostly I agree with you. He can be a real prick at times on the golf course.

Wow.........

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Match was a LOT more entertaining than I thought it would be. Very much enjoyed it and would love a matchup with Drew/Sergio and Peyton/Tiger.
Also, per twitter response, Steph Curry wants in bad!!!! (He is a good golfer)

I am sure Tony Romo would love to be included as well, he also is a good golfer.

I am afraid nobody is going to beat the hilarity of Tom Brady, with his butt up in the air, with a split down his pants. 🤣😂🤣

Plus, Charles Barkley saying, “You can’t call me fat on TV.” 👏🤣

What a hilarious fundraiser for CV19. 👍🙏🏻

OP
Dan in Lafayette

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Also, per twitter response, Steph Curry wants in bad!!!! (He is a good golfer)

I am sure Tony Romo would love to be included as well, he also is a good golfer.

I am afraid nobody is going to beat the hilarity of Tom Brady, with his butt up in the air, with a split down his pants. 🤣😂🤣

Plus, Charles Barkley saying, “You can’t call me fat on TV.” 👏🤣

What a hilarious fundraiser for CV19. 👍🙏🏻
They should turn this into an annual off-season golf tournament for charity. Maybe start with 4-8 twosomes pairing renowned pro golfer with another pro sports athlete. That would raise more than 20 mill for charity. I'd pay a little to see it.

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I didn't realize Sergio lived here. No wonder the last round I played took 5 hours.

tim martin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
He’s been my fav golfer. Awesome person. Just too competitive on the course sometimes. Teammates didn’t like Michael jordan either. Competitive nature shows the worst in people sometimes

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

Saw Sergio take a leak after teeing off at TPC during Zurich classic. He teed off at hole 5, then walked down off the tee box, went immediately to the edge of the tree line and took care of business like it was nothing. Like no one was going to see him, or maybe he just simply did not care. Guy lacks class, all the way around; PERIOD! And because he is married to Drew’s cousin, is NOT an excuse to me, personally. I would watch because Drew was playing, not because Sergio was his partner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom