Article Drew Brees, Sergio Garcia Challenge Winners of Capital One's The Match (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1590376951734.png

By Timothy Rapp | Bleacher Report

A set of challengers has emerged to take on the winners of Capital One’s "The Match: Champions for Charity" on Sunday.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and PGA star Sergio Garcia said they want a shot at the winning pair on Twitter, with Brees going so far as to jokingly call it the semifinal:

Full Story - Bleacher Report

I would love for this to happen. It was so much fun to watch Tiger Woods & Peyton Manning take on Phil Mickelsen & Tom Brady today. Tiger and Peyton won in a close match.

Last edited:
Wow that's surprising. Garcia has very little sportsmanship on the golf course, and that's a pretty generous assessment of his character. He is easily my least likable golfer on the tour.

Last edited:
Wow that's surprising. Garcia has very little sportsmanship on the golf course, and that's a pretty generous assessment of his character. He is easily my least likable golfer on the tour.

Well, Sergio is Drew's cousin-in-law. He is married to Drew's first cousin and now lives in TX. I'll cut him some slack for that, but mostly I agree with you. He can be a real prick at times on the golf course.

The Match was a LOT more entertaining than I thought it would be. Very much enjoyed it and would love a matchup with Drew/Sergio and Peyton/Tiger.
Also, per twitter response, Steph Curry wants in bad!!!! (He is a good golfer)

I am sure Tony Romo would love to be included as well, he also is a good golfer.

I am afraid nobody is going to beat the hilarity of Tom Brady, with his butt up in the air, with a split down his pants. 🤣😂🤣

Plus, Charles Barkley saying, “You can’t call me fat on TV.” 👏🤣

What a hilarious fundraiser for CV19. 👍🙏🏻

Also, per twitter response, Steph Curry wants in bad!!!! (He is a good golfer)

I am sure Tony Romo would love to be included as well, he also is a good golfer.

I am afraid nobody is going to beat the hilarity of Tom Brady, with his butt up in the air, with a split down his pants. 🤣😂🤣

Plus, Charles Barkley saying, “You can’t call me fat on TV.” 👏🤣

What a hilarious fundraiser for CV19. 👍🙏🏻

They should turn this into an annual off-season golf tournament for charity. Maybe start with 4-8 twosomes pairing renowned pro golfer with another pro sports athlete. That would raise more than 20 mill for charity. I'd pay a little to see it.

Well, Sergio is Drew's cousin-in-law. He is married to Drew's first cousin and now lives in TX. I'll cut him some slack for that, but mostly I agree with you. He can be a real prick at times on the golf course.

I didn't realize Sergio lived here. No wonder the last round I played took 5 hours.

He’s been my fav golfer. Awesome person. Just too competitive on the course sometimes. Teammates didn’t like Michael jordan either. Competitive nature shows the worst in people sometimes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom