Article Drew Brees, Sergio Garcia Challenge Winners of Capital One's The Match (1 Viewer)

Well, Sergio is Drew's cousin-in-law. He is married to Drew's first cousin and now lives in TX. I'll cut him some slack for that, but mostly I agree with you. He can be a real prick at times on the golf course.

Saw Sergio take a leak after teeing off at TPC during Zurich classic. He teed off at hole 5, then walked down off the tee box, went immediately to the edge of the tree line and took care of business like it was nothing. Like no one was going to see him, or maybe he just simply did not care. Guy lacks class, all the way around; PERIOD! And because he is married to Drew’s cousin, is NOT an excuse to me, personally. I would watch because Drew was playing, not because Sergio was his partner.

Golf. One of the lamest sports out there
Try playing it and having success at it, then come back and let’s talk. Watching the pros every week and then playing the game for years, will give you an appreciation of how challenging it is.

Do you think you could swing a golf club at 120+ MPH, and attempting to hit a 1.5” DIA. hard ball 350 yards straight? Do you remotely understand or comprehend how much work these guys put in? Do you remotely understnad or comprehend what a typical week for them is like? You are probably one of the people that believe a pro shows up at a round right before he tees off to start a round.

A pro typically shows up 2 hours before his/her tee time, goes to the practice putting green for about 30-45 minutes, then goes to the driving range for the remainder of free time before tee off. After having played a round, goes back to the practice putting green for a time, then back to the driving range for a while. Heads to the hotel to get a work out in at the gym, get with his caddy to review his round, hit dinner, then lights out. Repeat each round for 4 days! This is not including the lead up to the first official round of each tournament on a Thursday. They will arrive on a Monday, after the previous tournament. Get their credentials etc., review the course with his caddy, workout, dinner, lights out. Early to rise on Tuesday morning. Practice at the driving range and the putting green. Practice round. Putting green, driving range, to the hotel, workout, dinner, lights out. Wednesday; repeat, but play a round in the pro-am with a bunch of hackers and have to endure that for 6-8 hours. Thursday, tournament begins.

All of what I have written, is a bit summarized. But it gives you a picture of their weekly effort for a tournament. IT IS A GRIND!

And depending on your age and physical condition, I would bet you could not stay pace with a pro golfer by jogging, while he plays his round and is walking from shot to shot.

Last edited:
He’s been my fav golfer. Awesome person. Just too competitive on the course sometimes. Teammates didn’t like Michael jordan either. Competitive nature shows the worst in people sometimes

Yeah like his racist comment about what he would cook Tiger Woods if he had him over for dinner.

Wow that's surprising. Garcia has very little sportsmanship on the golf course, and that's a pretty generous assessment of his character. He is easily my least likable golferWow that's surprising. Garcia has very little sportsmanship on the golf course, and that's a pretty generous assessment of his character. He is easily my least likable golfer on the tour.

Patrick Reed says “hold my beer”

Try playing it and having success at it, then come back and let’s talk. Watching the pros every week and then playing the game for years, will give you an appreciation of how challenging it is.

Do you think you could swing a golf club at 120+ MPH, and attempting to hit a 1.5” DIA. hard ball 350 yards straight? Do you remotely understand or comprehend how much work these guys put in? Do you remotely understnad or comprehend what a typical week for them is like? You are probably one of the people that believe a pro shows up at a round right before he tees off to start a round.

A pro typically shows up 2 hours before his/her tee time, goes to the practice putting green for about 30-45 minutes, then goes to the driving range for the remainder of free time before tee off. After having played a round, goes back to the practice putting green for a time, then back to the driving range for a while. Heads to the hotel to get a work out in at the gym, get with his caddy to review his round, hit dinner, then lights out. Repeat each round for 4 days! This is not including the lead up to the first official round of each tournament on a Thursday. They will arrive on a Monday, after the previous tournament. Get their credentials etc., review the course with his caddy, workout, dinner, lights out. Early to rise on Tuesday morning. Practice at the driving range and the putting green. Practice round. Putting green, driving range, to the hotel, workout, dinner, lights out. Wednesday; repeat, but play a round in the pro-am with a bunch of hackers and have to endure that for 6-8 hours. Thursday, tournament begins.

All of what I have written, is a bit summarized. But it gives you a picture of their weekly effort for a tournament. IT IS A GRIND!

And depending on your age and physical condition, I would bet you could not stay pace with a pro golfer by jogging, while he plays his round and is walking from shot to shot.

This times 1000! I have played several sports competitively & a few for hobbies. Golf is the hardest sport to be good at.

Yeah like his racist comment about what he would cook Tiger Woods if he had him over for dinner.
Cmon man you have never said anything u regret? I know I have done and said some stupid things in my day. Garcia is very well liked on tour and is very good to his homeland with giving money to charity. Who would u rather have bubba who yells at his caddy every week lol

What amazes me is the abuse (???), these players inflict on their bodies.

“swinging a golf club at 120+ MPH” makes my back & knees hurt, just thinking about it. That is not a “normal” position to put a body in.

Tiger Woods is a perfect example of someone who’s body has paid dearly, for the price of fame & competitiveness.

Tiger started playing when he was 2 yrs old, I believe, and at one point, during all of his back surgeries, he could not even get out of bed & play with his kids. There was a time when Tiger said he did not know if he would ever walk again.

That is a mighty heavy price to pay......to compete in a sport that you love.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom