Drew Brees signs with NBC Sports over ESPN (contract to start after he retires) (1 Viewer)

The fact that everyone turns down ESPN says a lot. It's been long rumored that the NFL is not happy with Disney. Especially after they attacked the league with concussion stories.

This sounds like two separate things though.

1. The NFL not liking ESPN for shining light on its dubious handling of concussions.

2. Players not heading to ESPN for jobs after their NFL careers are over.

If I misunderstood what you were getting at then my apologies but I just don't see why former players would have an axe to grind with an outlet for exposing the injustices that players were subjected to.

The fact that everyone turns down ESPN says a lot. It's been long rumored that the NFL is not happy with Disney. Especially after they attacked the league with concussion stories.

I don’t know that I’d label it as attacking. The NFL is corrupt. That surely doesn’t make them unusual tho.

This sounds like two separate things though.

1. The NFL not liking ESPN for shining light on its dubious handling of aconcussions.

2. Players not heading to ESPN for jobs after their NFL careers are over.

If I misunderstood what you were getting at then my apologies but I just don't see why former players would have an axe to grind with an outlet for exposing the injustices that players were subjected to.
All good. I meant to add that the NFL as a result gives better matchupss to NBC. As a result NBC can land and sign better talent.

The NFL though is always happy to take Disney's money though

this is actually a gift to the fans as well IMO. I neither want to see a Brett Favre situation, nor do I want to see him out there as a shell of himself. This will be and should be his last.

God Bless you Drew for everything you have done and are about to do for us.

and as a side note, this was a good decision regarding the network as well.

this is actually a gift to the fans as well IMO. I neither want to see a Brett Favre situation, nor do I want to see him out there as a shell of himself. This will be and should be his last.

God Bless you Drew for everything you have done and are about to do for us.

and as a side note, this was a good decision regarding the network as well.
what happened to your cam newton photo with the creepy old man? that pic was classic

Maybe it's simply a Sunday night job as opposed to a Monday night job. Monday night 9pm eastern time is lame. Especially now with games being over reffed going 3 + hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom