Drew Brees signs with Saints - 7 Yrs. Ago Today (1 Viewer)

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Lucky number 7... 7 years after Drew Brees signed with the Saints he wins his second Lombardi and Superbowl MVP.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The experts may rate the Reggie White/Green Bay higher, but no signing has made as much a difference to a city, a region, and a fan base as the signing of Drew Brees.

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And tomorrow will be the 7 year anniversary of the Saints releasing Aaron Brooks! I'm smiling all day tomorrow in celebration.

Reaction score
There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars that the best QB in the league is playing for the Saints. After years and years of watching the Saints get walloped by Joe Montana and all the other star QBs, I had continually wondered what it felt like to have a player that everyone in the league considered "elite." I don't have to wonder anymore.

Anytime I feel complacency or take Brees for granted I just boot up the ol' reel of AB tossing a pass backwards to Wayne Gandy. It's amazing how Sean and Drew completely washed away all the sub-par and mediocre nonsense with this organization.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
The experts may rate the Reggie White/Green Bay higher, but no signing has made as much a difference to a city, a region, and a fan base as the signing of Drew Brees.
I agree.

No way Reggie White can be put ahead of Drew in terms of best free agent signing of all time.

Drew is a QB, White player DE. And Green Bay, last I checked, only won 1 Super Bowl with him. Not like they ran off a string of them.

OP
saintsfanfl

saintsfanfl

They call me Boudreaux
Reaction score
I agree.

No way Reggie White can be put ahead of Drew in terms of best free agent signing of all time.

Drew is a QB, White player DE. And Green Bay, last I checked, only won 1 Super Bowl with him. Not like they ran off a string of them.
I'm guessing that part of the lore with Reggie being put at the top is that IIRC, wasn't his signing what really opened the door to FA in the 1st place? That along with his on the field performance is probably why the media put him at the top and Brees 2nd, otherwise, it would be reversed IMO.

bearze34

The Listener
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Turned out to be a pretty darned good day 7 years later.

Man, it takes a lot to get the words "sign" in a header. I hope something good happens today because the enemy is improving and we are standing pat.

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember so many on here wanting vince young instead of Brees, I thought he would be better than avg on the field, but had the winning character that NOLA needed so bad. turned out he had both.

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Think about the bullets we dodged by signing Brees.

1. Jerry Jones denying the Saints when we inquired about trading for Romo....THANK YOU GOD!

2. Didn't draft Vince Young

3. Didn't draft Matt Leinert

Thats some Matrix type dodging of bullets there.

Innotech

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a thread about Brees' signing? I bet there were plenty of detractors. Although to be fair we were potentially getting a broken QB on top of him being a short guy without the strongest throwing arm to begin with. Little did we know he was such a hard worker and leader as he has turned out to be. Definitely one of the greatest FA pick ups of all time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus WATCH: Baldy's Breakdowns highlights the Drew Brees leap vs. Carolina SR News Page Articles 0
Tom Brady, Drew Brees may pass the NFL TD pass record back and forth many times Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Drew Brees for MVP? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees excellent throughout, Marcus Davenport comes up with big sack in New Orleans Saints victory against Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Tom Brady passes Drew Brees for NFL passing touchdowns record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady ties Drew Brees with his 558th career touchdown pass Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Krodwhodat Drew Brees is a better QB with less talented receivers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 38
Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara lead depleted Saints offense past Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Thank God for Drew Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Drew Brees' latest milestone? Saints QB the first in NFL history to hit 7K completions Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintmike23 Saints That was the closest Drew Brees special ever! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
The end of the QB era, Part 3: Drew Brees’ legacy Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees reacts to New Orleans Saints vs Carolina Panthers Week 7, Teddy Bridgewater Is No-Problem SR News Page Articles 0
Saints QB Drew Brees teams up with LaToya Cantrell for new coronavirus PSA Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
UFCSaint Drew's Eyes Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Krodwhodat Do we make a trade for a FS to make a final run with Drew Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
This won’t be popular [but draft Mac Jones to replace Drew] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 63
jasonsw Brees Quitely having a great season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
Saint Kamara Brees leading team on historic pace for 3rd down conversions Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Dan in Lafayette Brees' clutch precision lifts Saints past Panthers, 27-24 SR News Page Articles 0
Bigsaints Brees before the half Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
Saint Kamara Game winning drives, Brees getting closer to the record Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Brees Air Stats Over 10 Yards Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 50
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0
Antonio Brown officially signs with the Buccaneers Saints RSS News Feeds 0