Drew Brees signs with Saints - 7 Yrs. Ago Today (1 Viewer)

Does anyone have a link to a thread about Brees' signing? I bet there were plenty of detractors. Although to be fair we were potentially getting a broken QB on top of him being a short guy without the strongest throwing arm to begin with. Little did we know he was such a hard worker and leader as he has turned out to be. Definitely one of the greatest FA pick ups of all time.

I remember this the day after.

115156860_3a844cda06_z.jpg

Does anyone have a link to a thread about Brees' signing? I bet there were plenty of detractors. Although to be fair we were potentially getting a broken QB on top of him being a short guy without the strongest throwing arm to begin with. Little did we know he was such a hard worker and leader as he has turned out to be. Definitely one of the greatest FA pick ups of all time.

I just found the general area in the archived threads for the date, but when I try to view one, it asks me to log in and won't accept my log in info. Guess I can't view archived threads since I wasn't a member then.

But you're right, there were several threads about Leinart vs Brees, detractor threads, about 20 saying that Brees was going to Miami for sure, etc. etc. When I figured out that I couldn't view any of the threads, I stopped honing in to find the actual Brees signs thread.

Think about the bullets we dodged by signing Brees.

1. Jerry Jones denying the Saints when we inquired about trading for Romo....THANK YOU GOD!

2. Didn't draft Vince Young

3. Didn't draft Matt Leinert

Thats some Matrix type dodging of bullets there.

wp-content-uploads-2008-11-neo.jpg

FWIW, apparently Payton was enamoured with Jay Cutler, not Leinart or VY.

Great article from WWL-TV about this great day in history... :9:

WWLTV.com said:
His stats: 2,910-for-4,340 passing (67.1 percent) for 33,571 yards. He has 244 touchdowns passes and 112 interceptions and a 98.2 quarterback ranking.

Since he came to New Orleans, no quarterback is within 5,800 yards of what Brees has done (Philip Rivers is No. 2 with 27.743 yards).

Only one other quarterback has thrown at least 200 touchdowns – Tom Brady’s 211 – and that’s 33 fewer than Brees.

And Brees’ 67.1 completion percentage is best in the NFL over that time for anyone who has played at least 75 games or thrown at least 3,000 passes.

Saints agreed to terms with QB Drew Brees 7 years ago today, changing franchise | wwltv.com New Orleans

After years and years of watching the Saints get walloped by Joe Montana and all the other star QBs, I had continually wondered what it felt like to have a player that everyone in the league considered "elite." I don't have to wonder anymore.

An elite guy on and off the field! We are so lucky to have Drew Brees!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom