Drew Brees stats over last 69 starts (1 Viewer)

Off Topic, but Nolan Ryan was the king of no run support. Ryan and Maddux had one flaw. It was easy to steal bases against them. Ryan is the career
leader in that stat. Maddux is second.

I can still remember 1987, Ryan led the league with a 2.76 era and had an 8-16 record. He would finish 5th in Cy Young voting that year.

Let's start with this season. Name 1 opponent thato played prevent D, allowing Drew to rack up yards. None. Because we were in almost every game. In fact, a couple games he had nearly half his yards or more by halftime. Sure, it's happened from time to time. But it also happens to every other QB from time to time. If you're going to make an idiotic statement like that, you're going to have to qualify it with stats and prove Drew takes advantage of it more often than other QBs.

That would be correct, sir. Even the KC game, no way KC wanted to give up that last touchdown, knowing that if Brees got the ball back, he would go down the field and force OT or even win the game in regulation (see Nick Fairly 15 yard penalty to end that very threat).

Drew Brees with a legit DC (aka Gregg Williams)

37-10 (if it weren't for Hartley's missed game winning fgs, it would have been 40-7)

Drew Brees without a legit DC

59-58

It's hard to tell whether Payton has a terribly low defensive IQ, or is just snake bit.

Drew deserves the best DC we can find, but I think they clash with Payton.

Let's start with this season. Name 1 opponent thato played prevent D, allowing Drew to rack up yards. None. Because we were in almost every game. In fact, a couple games he had nearly half his yards or more by halftime. Sure, it's happened from time to time. But it also happens to every other QB from time to time. If you're going to make an idiotic statement like that, you're going to have to qualify it with stats and prove Drew takes advantage of it more often than other QBs.

Let's start with the last few seasons. How many last minute come from behind victories can you name? Carolina was a win for the d. How many red zone errors? How many changed lots calls that failed? I have the reviews and the data. You don't appear to have the experience to either see the game for what it is; evaluate it properly; view the film with any knowledge, or maintain sobriety in opinion. Make sure you look in a mirror before citing idiocy. I'm sure you'll find your answer.

It's hard to tell whether Payton has a terribly low defensive IQ, or is just snake bit.

I don't care what people say but you can't beat defenses as bad as Payton does without understanding defenses.

Let's start with the last few seasons. How many last minute come from behind victories can you name? Carolina was a win for the d. How many red zone errors? How many changed lots calls that failed? I have the reviews and the data. You don't appear to have the experience to either see the game for what it is; evaluate it properly; view the film with any knowledge, or maintain sobriety in opinion. Make sure you look in a mirror before citing idiocy. I'm sure you'll find your answer.

Jesus, are you this insufferable about everything in your life?

Great job calling a mod an idiot because he disagrees with you and your reviews and data (whatever that means).

You basically claimed that Drew's stats are inflated because the defenses he played against were in "prevent". You have the burden of proof, not me. Now you claim to have the reviews and stats. Show them. Then, for the sake of being fair, you'll have to also provide stats comparing Drew to every top 10 QB for each year you provide stats for. Otherwise, regardless of stats you provide on Drew, you opinion is baseless and bias.

67.4 % completion rate, 323 yds per game, 164 TDs, 64 Ints (2.6 ratio), 100.2 QB rating

34-35 record

Only Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson have had slightly better QB ratings over this time period (102.8 and 101.0, respectively).

Nolan Ryan

I think it has all to do with his ego. He thinks he can devise an offensive game plan that will overcome a poor defensive effort. He'd rather lose 35-34 than win 3-0. I will just leave it at that.

I don't care what people say but you can't beat defenses as bad as Brees does without understanding defenses.

FIFY

Kidding aside, I think Payton knows defense pretty well, but seems to not know defensive talent. He's been better at drafting defense the past 2 years, so I'm encouraged.

posts like these always piss me off, ****** off at the team. If only, if ONLY the team had a half competent defense they'd be in the playoffs each and every year. Instead, Drew will probably never get to another superbowl and his last remaining years will be wasted on a team with a mediocre record. 3 of the past 4 years have been 7-9, this year will probably be no different. It is a sad reality when the offense has to score 35+ pts per game just for a CHANCE of winning. :jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom