Saints Drew Brees: Still saying “we” and “our team” about the Saints (1 Viewer)

He’s copying Parcells exactly. He left the Giants while still talking about a return.

Even this Washington Post article from 1991 speculates about a return while announcing his retirement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...uitting/c0759450-3b2f-48b1-be5d-9436d731801d/
As much as I hate the fact that Sean walked, I will always be grateful that he played a major role in bringing respectability to the Saints’ franchise.

Think about the fact that the WORST season under CSP was 1 game under .500 (even with the WORST defense of 32 teams)! 🤔

Sorry he left, but still appreciative of what he added to the WhoDat Nation!

“…steps off soapbox.”

:gosaints:

I would’ve loved to have Sean coach the Saints until he retired. But I can’t blame him for wanting to move on to something/somewhere new.

me also. I was hoping for a Tom Landry type of career.
In the modern era, he’s had a Landry career. His time with the Saints spanned three decades and a generation and a half.
Excluding the Steelers and BB, you have to go back to Landry to find a coach that has stayed with the same franchise longer.

In the modern era, he’s had a Landry career. His time with the Saints spanned three decades and a generation and a half.
Excluding the Steelers and BB, you have to go back to Landry to find a coach that has stayed with the same franchise longer.
what I meant was that he would coach the Saints and no other team. when he was done he would retire for good.

what I meant was that he would coach the Saints and no other team. when he was done he would retire for good.
That is extremely rare. There’s only about a handful of coaches that have done that.
Landry, Knoll, Cowher, and Madden come to mind.
Most take a second job.
It happened to Johnson, Stram, Ditka, Parcells. It even happened to Lombardi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom