Drew Brees suggests he may return to play football, do YOU want him back? (1 Viewer)

Reminder that Brees is free to sign with anyone if he catches the itch to play again. I sincerely doubt he is coming back now but Nov/Dec is when I expect him to really be tempted to scratch that itch.

Either way, this is a separate post from his NBC situation in the other thread, this is to know what would YOU do if you were Loomis and Brees calls you and says "I want back in"...

He was being tongue in cheek.

If you kept reading after the part about playing football again, it's quite obvious.
It's giving me "Tom Brady wants to go somewhere else" vibes when he made Gisele write a discreet tweet as part of that commercial for the product he was promoting.

The offensive personnel is catered to Winston now. I’m curious to see if DA would offer Brees significant control over designing/gameplanning the offense as coach with Carmichael. Or offensive advisor to start out at the least.

He’s a student of the game and can teach everything about Xs/Os in any capacity. Perfect fit for a prominent role on the coaching staff. Brees could be Co-everything of offense as coach right now, Co-QB coach, Co-passing game coordinator, Co-OC, if it doesn’t disrupt any supposed coaching authority currently.

Last edited:
Nostalgia says let’s go. Father Time though, is undefeated. This team just isn’t built for the style we would have to play. He will always be the greatest Saint of all time, the ship is way out the dock though.

If he wanted to come in and compete for the quarterback spot with Jameis, by all means. Competition will only bring out the best in everyone in the quarterback room (plus I want to see him break Brady’s records).

That said, I don’t think he comes back. He was just giving his side of the story. He should go the Steve Young route, work investments, and go on ESPN for random commentary.

As one of many Die hard DB fans on here, I’m ready for JW to have a full offseason and opportunity.

Now I’d love to know that drew is somewhere getting in football shape mentally and physically and could be ready under any circumstance
Wait he didn’t have a full offseason last year? Injury?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom